Armed Forces Vacation Club
AFVC BOGO Sale 4-20 March Get a second week Free!
The Armed Forces Vacation Club (sometimes shortened to just AFVC) is another great benefit of being in the U.S. military! Great discounts are available on condo rentals worldwide at very reasonable rates for military members.
Seven night resort condo vacation rentals, many in the Orlando Florida area, are available from $369.00, that works out to just over 52 Dollars per night!
All Images Courtesy AFVC
There are many offerings in and around the Orlando/Kissimmee area, within a short driving distance to the Walt Disney World Resort.
If you are planning on a week-long stay at Disney World or in the Orlando area and really want to save on your room this is the way to go. As long as you have transportation (a Rental Car or your own car) and you won't miss the Disney theming in and around your resort you'll save a bunch.
The Armed Forces Vacation Club offers space available rentals to DoD and affiliated personnel.
Condos sleep from 2 to 6 normally, sometimes more. Offerings include one or two bedrooms with full or partial kitchens. These vacation condos are located in very nice resorts with pools.
You'll save even more preparing your own meals, or at lest some of them, in the kitchens!
You can search listings on their web page and view all the specifics of each resort. I've not used this service but I do know people at my Squadron who have and they've been very satisfied and gone back for multiple trips.
The Armed Forces Vacation Club Specials
|Save $20.00 on your Space A Vacation when you book online.|
To search AFVC:
Use the orange search box on the left
Select United States in the Choose a Region box
Select FLORIDA - Orlando Area in the Choose a Destination box
Click on your desired month
When your results come up you can sort by various factors like: Rating, Size, Price, Date, or City. I like to sort by City, I look at the Kissimmee and Orlando listings, especially those with Lake Buena Vista in the name.
For each individual resort you'll see available dates and room types with a button to book those dates. Also you'll find a "Learn More" button for additional information on the resort including: a list of Amenities, Highlights, Directions, and Additional Information. You can then Google search the name of the resort for more information.
Here's an example:
- A resort in Lake Buena Vista 1.25. Miles from Downtown Disney
- 1 Bedroom
- 4 Guests
- Full Kitchen
- Hot Tub
- All for $369 per week
Searching for the resort in Google I found their site:
The 1 Bedroom is a 1 Bedroom Villa:
- 1 Bath
- Whirlpool Tub
- Queen Sleeper Sofa
- Dining Area
- 2 TVs, DVD Player
- Washer and Dryer
- Basketball Court
- Vending Machines
- Front Desk 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 pm
- Maid service is available upon request for an additional fee.
- Tidy Service $27.00 per service
- Full Service $37.00 per service
- For your convenience, a $3.99 Resort Fee will be applied to your nightly bill. The Resort Fee includes the following conveniences: Unlimited Local Calls, 30 Minutes Domestic Long Distance, Business Center (Internet Access*, Copier, Fax), Self Parking, In Room Safe, Coffee in Lobby and a Crib/Roll-away (Limited Availability)
* Does not include in-room wireless access
- Regular Price - $535
- Members of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependent (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy; active duty and both active and inactive reserve and National Guard)
- Foreign exchange service members on permanent duty with the DoD
- Retired Members of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependent (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy)
- Civilian employees of the DoD (appropriated, non-appropriated, or retired) or an adult dependent
- American Red Cross personnel serving overseas with the U.S. military
- DoD Dependant School teacher or an adult dependent
- Disabled American Veteran @ 100% with 2765 ID Card
AFVC has a military contingency clause in case. In the event of a military contingency, you may be eligible for a full refund of your reservation fee.