Shades of Green Disney World Benefits
When you stay at Shades of Green at Walt Disney World you are eligible for some of the same benefits that those staying at a Disney Resort are eligible for (but not all!).
Below is a list of benefits and whether or not Shades of Green guests are eligible
Disney Benefits for Shades of Green Guests:
- Participation in Extra Magic Hours: Yes
- Disney Merchandise delivery to your resort: Yes, next day pick up
- Guaranteed theme park entry on days they close due to volume: Yes
- FastPass Plus reservation Window: 60 days prior to check in for your entire trip (Up to the number of days on your ticket, your room reservation length including check in and out days, or 10 days, whichever is less). See our Tech Page
- Disney’s Magical Express: No, You'll have to get there yourself from the airport! See our negotiated military discount on Airport Transportation
- Disney Transportation from the resort: No, Shades of Green has its own bus line.
- Free theme park parking: No, Shades of Green guests pay $25 per day to park at the theme parks, see the Transportation Page for details
- Charging Disney purchases to your room: No, only purchases at Shades of Green may be added to your bill, but not any Disney purchases
- Disney Dining Plan: No
- Advance Dining Reservations for entire trip: Yes, make your ADRs 180 days out, for your entire trip (Up to 10 days).
For more on Shades of Green see the links further below in the Shades of Green Menu area
For more on Disney Resorts see our WDW Resort Overview. You can save from 30 to 40 percent off Disney Resorts using the Disney Armed Forces Salute.
See our Shades of Green - Disney Resort Price Comparison and also how Shades of Green stacks up to the Disney Deluxe, Moderate, and Value Resorts.
You can leave Comments and Questions about this page on the General Comment Page.
Also see what others have asked. (please be specific as this comment page serves many topics)
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See our:
Learn about the Disney Armed Forces Salute the best military discount that there is for Disney. For where to stay see our Resorts/Hotel Overview Page. Disney doesn’t discount dining for the military, but there are a few places on property that do, see the Dining Overview Page to learn where plus more dining info. You can also learn about Transportation Options. Be sure to check out our Technology Overview to learn about Magic Bands and My Disney Experience to see how they work with military tickets. Walt Disney World visitors might be interested in staying at Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort.
See: Top 8 Reasons to Use An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
Do you want all of your Disney Planning information in one place, organized in a step-by-step logical manner with an emphasis on Military Discounts and offers? I've written 3 Guidebooks just for the Military Community:
Walt Disney World for Military Families 2019 - Available in Print, Kindle, and Digital PDF Download
The Essential Guide to Shades of Green - Available in Print, Kindle, and Digital PDF Download
Disneyland for Military Families - Available in Print, Kindle, and Digital PDF Download
Here are my recommendations for products and services I've reviewed that can improve your Disney planning. This is a short list since it only includes my top picks.
Ears of Experience - My recommended Travel Agent, Fee Free, Disney Only, Military Family Owned
Need a Little Extra Help Planning your Disney Vacation? Check Out Ears of Experience's Concierge Service
Military Disney Tips Negotiated Military Discounts
Orlando Shuttle Service - $15 off basic round trip pricing to ANY Orlando resort use MDT15
Amusement Park Rentals - 10% Military Discount on Strollers and Scooters Use 10MILITARY at checkout
EzPacking Cube Organization System, Tame Your Suitcase! - MDT Readers get 15% off with MILITARYDISNEY at checkout
Other Planning Resources
Buy Your Magic Bands at the Disney Store
Best Ever First Timers WDW Book The Easy Guide to Your First Walt Disney World Visit
YourFirstVisit.net The premier website for first time visitors to Walt Disney World!
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World The Ultimate WDW Guide!
TouringPlans.com - The website of the Unofficial Guide - Crowd Forecasts, Pre-made Touring Plan, plus lots of detailed info
Follow Military Disney Tips
Like our very active Facebook Page - Follow MDT on Twitter - Follow MDT on Pinterest
- Get Steve's Free newsletter