A current valid military ID is required to activate the Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets in person upon arrival at Disney.
Here is a link to the forms of ID Disney accepts.
There are several reasons that you might be in this situation:
- You didn’t know/weren’t told that you need a current military ID to activate the Salute tickets in person
- You bought Salute tickets before you separated
- You surrendered your CAC/ID when you started terminal leave
- Your military relative or friend bought Salute tickets for your whole party and can’t go now
- Your military relative or friend bought Salute tickets for you not knowing that they had to go with you
Ticket You Can’t Activate
If you or the sponsor has not left the military yet, go to the Base Ticket Office where you bought the tickets and insist on a refund. The Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets are non-refundable so you will have an argument on your hands. But explain that they have sold you tickets that you will not be able to use. Request they call their supervisor or regional management if they do not think they have sold you the tickets in error.
Then if you do get a refund buy Regular Military Discounted Tickets instead. These can be used without an ID after purchase (but are much more expensive).
If you can’t get a refund or don’t have access to a Base Ticket Office, the only recourse is to request in person upon arrival that Disney allow you use the Salute ticket purchase price towards full price tickets.
I recommend bringing all of the following that apply to use during your attempt to get some value out of your tickets:
- The Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets
- The original purchase receipt
- A photocopy of the sponsor’s CAC/ID (if there is a eligible sponsor who cannot attend)
- A photocopy of your old CAC/ID (if you can do it before you surrender it)
- A letter from the sponsor explaining why they cannot attend (if there is a eligible sponsor)
- A letter from you explaining why you could not use the tickets prior to surrendering your CAC/ID
- Any documentation to back up the letter (doctors notes, denied leave requests, etc.)
Use the documentation above during your firm but polite conversation with the Disney ticketing cast member to make your case.
If needed politely request to elevate your request up the Disney chain of command.
Keep in mind you will not be allowed to use the tickets as is, because you are no longer/not eligible.
To Be Clear: What you are asking Disney to do is to allow you use the Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets towards the purchase of full price tickets.
Just in case, you should be prepared to cover the full price yourself if Disney does not allow you to use the Salute tickets towards full price ones.
Full price Disney tickets are way more expensive than the Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets. The Salute tickets are about half the price of comparable full price or Regular Military Discounted Tickets.
But you could buy tickets for a shorter number of days if you do not have enough to cover longer ones.
Full Price Ticket Prices:
Please Help Others
If you have found yourself in this position, please come back to this page later and let us know how it turned out for you!!!
This will let others know what to expect.
Share your experience in the comments below!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See our:
Learn about the Disney Armed Forces Salute the best military discount that there is for Disney. For where to stay see our Resorts/Hotel Overview Page. Disney doesn’t discount dining for the military, but there are a few places on property that do, see the Dining Overview Page to learn where plus more dining info. You can also learn about Transportation Options. Be sure to check out our Technology Overview to learn about Magic Bands and My Disney Experience to see how they work with military tickets. Walt Disney World visitors might be interested in staying at Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort.