- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
- News On Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Sales
- Shades of Green Won't Reopen Until 12 August
- 2020 Disney World Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Extension Update
- Disney Extending Expiration Dates on Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets!
- Walt Disney World Re-Opening Military FAQ
There are lots of different Disney Discounts available for Disabled Vets.
But trying to figure out which, if any apply to your situation can be not only confusing but sometimes impossible, if you don’t know where to look.
I get lots of questions from my great readers via email. Many are from disabled veterans who are asking if they are eligible for any Disney Discounts. So I decided to do a post to clear the topic up. Here is my Guide to Disney Discounts for Disabled Veterans.
What’s Your Status?
Many who write me say “I’m a disabled Vet. Am I eligible for a discount at Disney?” unfortunately for a question as vague as that the answer has to be maybe…
There is a lot more information required in order to make a determination. The important questions that need to be answered in order to determine which offers you are eligible for are:
- Were you Medically Retired for your disability?
- Are you classified as Permanently Disabled?
- Are you 100% Disabled?
- Or a lower percentage?
Different Disney Discount Offers For Veterans
There are two totally different ways for military members, including disabled veterans to obtain a discount at Disney theme parks.
- The Disney Armed Forces Salute
- A Temporary offer
- With very attractive discounts on both park tickets and resort rooms
- The Shades of Green Resort
- A military owned and operated resort on Disney World property
- A benefit which has always been available but which does not offer as great discounts
- Discounted rooms and tickets
If you were medically retired and retain a current valid retired military ID, then you are eligible for both Disney’s Armed Forces Salute and Shades of Green as a retiree. The disability doesn’t play into the equation.
100% Permanent Service Connected Disabled
If you have an military ID with the DAVPRM code (Disabled Veteran Permanent) on it, then you are eligible for Disney’s Armed Forces Salute and Shades of Green.
100% Temporary Disabled
If you are 100% disabled but not DAVPRM then you are only eligible for Shades of Green.
Less Than 100% Disabled
If you are less than 100% disabled and not DAVPRM then you are not eligible for any regular military discount. But you are eligible for stays and ticket purchasing ability while staying at Shades of Green in the months of September and January only.
Anyone who has served honorably is eligible for this benefit at Shades of Green with their DD-214.
Who Sets the Eligibility for these Programs?
Please note that the Department of Defense sets the eligibility for all Disney discounts, not Disney. Any comments, letters, frustration should be directed at the DoD not Disney!
I hope this clears up a little of the confusion! If not leave a question in the comments below!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!