Walt Disney was a very patriotic man.
Proud of and confident in the American Spirit or American Exceptionalism as many now call it. He waxed nostalgic at what we had achieved through our history and looked forward to the great things he knew that we could achieve in the future.
Disney’s theme parks are filled with homages to that spirit. From the lands within the parks: Main Street USA, Liberty Square, and Frontierland; to the attractions and restaurants they contain: The American Adventure, The Hall of Presidents, the Columbia Harbor House, and the Liberty Tree Tavern.
This is a new category of posts about all things having a Patriotic Disney theme. I and guest posters will cover all things patriotic about Disney, from Walt himself, to his works, and of course the theme parks. I hope that you enjoy these posts.
Below is a compilation of these posts:
- Honoring All Disney Veterans and Those Who Served at Home
- Honoring Disney Veterans: Robert Sherman
- Honoring Disney Veterans: Walt Disney
- Honoring Disney Veterans: Roy Disney
- Happy Birthday Pluto a World War II Private
- Inside Disney’s America: The Most Controversial Never Built Theme Park
- Disney History: Disney and the War Effort
- History in the Magic Kingdom: Museum in the Hall of Presidents
- Rosies All American Cafe – Disney Hollywood Studios
- Veterans Can Participate In Disney’s Magic Kingdom Flag Retreat
- American History At Disneyland
- Disneyland’s Flag Retreat Ceremony
- Walk Through America’s History In Disney’s Liberty Square
- Walt Disney Theme Park’s American Flags
- Frontierland, Walt Disney, and the American Identity Part 2
- Frontierland, Walt Disney, and the American Identity
- Have a Patriotic Meal in the Liberty Tree Tavern
- The American Adventure at Epcot’s World Showcase
- Walt Disney World’s Liberty Tree
I hope that you enjoy these posts!
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!