Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- 2021 Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Ticket Announcement
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
All room discounts have been removed from Shades of Green’s website.
Shades of Green re-opened after the lock-down closure on 12 August. Upon re-opening, all previously announced discounts were cancelled for August 2020 through January 2021.
- The various monthly discounts
- The Armed Forces Recreation Centers – Survivors’ Family Program
- The Red White and Blue Package
- The Sunrise Package
Discounts on Shades of Green’s rooms are a “relatively new” occurrence in the history of the resort. Prior to 2009 rooms were never discounted, but when Disney started offering the Disney Armed Forces Salute Room discounts in 2009, Shades of Green started offering discounts as well.
The discounts offered by Shades of Green have been decreasing precipitously over the last few years. Discounts were down to 10% to 15% off prior to the closure, down from highs of 60% a decade ago.
It remains to be seen if and when these discounts will come back.
Still advertised on the site are:
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!