Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Disneyland Finally Scheduled to Reopen
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- 2021 Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Ticket Announcement
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
Walt Disney World’s FastPass Plus is a fantastic time saving service.
But with FastPass Plus it is essential to have your tickets ahead of time in order to make your FastPasses 30 or 60 days in advance!
(Updated December 2020)
FastPass – Note FastPasses are currently suspended
Prior to FastPass Plus many military Disney guests planned on purchasing their Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets or Military Discounted Magic your Way theme park tickets once they arrived at Disney World from Shades of Green’s Ticket Office or directly from Disney ticket windows.
Theme Park Reservations
You need a linked ticket in your My Disney Experience account in order to make your Theme Park Reservations.
Now if you wait to purchase after arrival, you will miss on making your FastPasses ahead of time! And only the less desirable rides will be available after arrival. Or The Theme Park you want to go to on a certain day might be full!
Ideally you should buy your tickets ahead of time from your Base Ticket Office, so that you’ll have them prior to the day you can begin making FastPasses.
But what if you are not stationed on or live near a base with a ticket office or it’s closed?
You can pre-purchase your tickets from Shades of Green or another Ticket Office that ships!
Shades of Green
Shades of Green has a great option to waiting till arrival to buy your tickets.
Just email the Shades of Green’s Ticket Office to purchase your tickets and have them sent to you via FedEx (for a fee, $12 for 2020).
To purchase your tickets ahead just send an email to [email protected] They will then email you the required forms and directions for completing the transaction as well as their current price list.
Note: Shades of Green will not sell tickets more than 6 months prior to the date you tell them you are traveling. (This policy is currently not in effect due to the narrow extended purchase window for 2020 Salute Tickets 19 Dec 20 – 14 Feb 21) and the 9 month window to use the tickets in. This policy could come back for any 2021 Salute offer…
Kudos to Shades of Green
This is a great solution to a problem that has plagued Shades’ guests for a long time.
Other Base Ticket Offices
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!