News for 2021:
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
I’m getting reports from the field that Shades of Green Guests have successfully linked their Shades reservation number to their My Disney Experience Account, thus making them eligible to make their FastPass Plus reservations 60 days prior to check in.
This has now been confirmed by Shades of Green and Disney.
I have been contacted by very many of those who have done this.
It has been news on the web for a few weeks that Disney would be extending this ability to other resorts on property.
This is a huge change for the military community, which bumps Shades of Green up in priority for their accommodations decision.
How to do this
Please see our WDW technology overview for all of our FastPass related posts. When reading all of the linked material please understand that any references to Shades of Green and the 30-Day FastPass+ window are now obsolete. Understand that Shades’ Guests are now considered Disney Resort Guests!
There are a huge amount of pages and posts that I need to edit, and I’m TDY with a full schedule, in a time zone that puts me at odds with a normal schedule. I will get to them as I am able, most likely this weekend.
Reports also seem to suggest that because this is new program (as with all software) there are issues…
- Linking with your computer works fine
- Linking via the phone app does not
- Linking vis calling in to to tech support does not
- It seems to take from 24 to 48 hours after making your SOG reservation to be able to link your reservation to MDE
(Reports indicate that the bugs have been worked out!)
If you are experiencing problems you can try clearing your browser cache or calling the Disney Internet Help Desk for assistance, at 800-848-6413, option #3
Dining Reservations Also
Now reports are also surfacing that Shades of Green Guests are also eligible for WDW’s 180 Day plus 10 Dining Reservations.
This means that you can now make your Advance Dining Reservations 180 days prior to check in for up to 10 days of your trip. Previously Shades Guests could only make them 180 days out from the desired date like all other non-Disney guests.
Please note: Free magic Bands are not a part of this program! If you would like to use Magic Bands you’ll need to buy your own. Also this does not add other Disney Resort only benefits such as free theme park parking or the ability to add the Disney Dinning Plan to your Shades reservation.
Note: that Dave at Your First Visit is reporting that starting 1 January 2018 the Disney Springs Resort Area Resorts will Extra Magic Hours and then on 10 January they will also get 60-Day FastPass Plus.
Your 60-Day FastPass Window
For those who stay at Shades exclusively and might not be familiar with how the 60-Day Window works, check out our post on how it is different:
Over to you
PLEASE report your experience with this in the comments section below so that all in our military community will be abel to see what is going on!
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!