News for 2021:
- Orange County Florida Ending All Covid Measures!
- Disneyland Opening Nationwide and the Disney Armed Forces Salute
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Starting yesterday May 15th, Face Masks are no longer required outdoors at Walt Disney World!
This huge step in the right direction is a direct result of the CDC and Orange County, Florida greatly modifying their mask rules.
Now, whenever you are outdoors you do not have to wear a mask. You can once a gain sip a drink or take a bite of a Mickey Bar while walking through one of the theme parks!
Masks are required upon entering all attractions, restaurants, hotels, etc.
Cast members who for the last 11 months have wandered around the parks to enforce mask rules will now be stationed at attraction and building entrances to remind you to mask up as you enter.
|Face Coverings Requirements at Walt Disney World Resort||Face Covering Required||Face Coverings Optional|
|Upon entering and throughout all attractions||✓|
|All theaters, including theater entrances||✓|
|All transportation, including transportation entrances||✓|
|All indoor locations, including restaurants, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary||✓|
|Outdoor common areas||✓|
Social Distancing Lessened Also
Alongside the mask change, Walt Disney will be modifying social distancing limits down from 6 feet in many areas, thus allowing increased park capacity.
While we will reduce physical distancing measures for Guests across many areas with a gradual, phased approach, six-feet distancing measures will continue in all dining locations, merchandise stores and in areas where Guests can temporarily remove their masks.“
Temperature Checks a Thing of The Past
Walt Disney World has also done away with the constant temperature checks. On visits this year I’d get checked 20-30 times a day.
Universal Orlando Resort has also done away with their temperature checks, but while that had them they had a far superior system: Get checked 1 time a day, and get a wrist band to prove you were good to go.
One, No Several Steps Closer to Normal
These are all great steps in the right direction, placing us well on the way to being back to normal. Hopefully by 1 October 2021 or sooner.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!