Disney World’s Resorts are eligible for up to 30%-40% off via the Armed Forces Salute Room Only Discount.
Staying On Walt Disney World Property
There are numerous Disney owned resorts in several different price/amenity categories. Staying at a Disney owned resort comes with many benefits, the most intangible of which is that you will feel like you are at Disney during your entire trip, not just while at the parks. Staying at a Disney owned resort is an immersive experience and so much more convenient.
Check out this list of amenities that you’ll receive when you stay in a Disney Resort:
- Free Disney provided roundtrip transportation to your resort from the Orlando International Airport (Disney’s Magical Express).
- Free transportation from your resort to all WDW destinations via Disney’s fleet of buses, boats, monorails, and gondolas.
- Free theme park parking, should you decide to drive your car.
- Participation in Extra Magic Hours – early entry and late stays at designated parks on designated days. The general public is not allowed in during Extra Magic Hours.
- Property wide charging of your Disney purchases (Merchandise, Dining, etc.) to your room.
- Disney Merchandise delivery to your resort (from the theme parks or Disney Springs)
- Guaranteed theme park entry on high attendance days when the parks close due to nearing capacity
- Booking FastPass Plus reservations 60 days prior to check in
- The ability to add the various Disney Dining Plans to your vacation
- The ability to book Advance Dining Reservations for your entire trip (up to 10 days) at the 180-day mark.
Please note that while located on Walt Disney World property, Shades of Green is not a Disney Owned Resort!
Walt Disney World breaks their resorts down into several categories. From cheapest to most expensive these are:
The Values are the least expensive option when selecting a resort.
- All-Star Movies Resort
- All-Star Music Resort
- All-Star Sports Resort
- Pop Century Resort
- The Art of Animation Resort
The middle of the road price wise.
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Fort Wilderness Cabins
The most expensive Disney resorts
- Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas
- Board Walk Inn
- Contemporary Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Polynesian Village Resort
- Wilderness Lodge
- Yacht Club Resort
- Beach Club Resort
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
- Shades of Green
Disney Vacation Club Resorts
Old Key West, Board Walk Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, Beach Club Villas, Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Tree House Villas at Saratoga Springs and the Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort.
MDT Tip: Though the Disney Vacation Club Resorts are typically the most expensive, you can actually get them for drastically lower prices on the resale/rental market. Check out this Disney Vacation Club page on the MDT recommended website SellMyTimeshareNow.com. The Disney Vacation Club timeshare suites priced on this site are among the lowest on the web.
Also See these Related Resort Posts:
- Walt Disney World Resort Guest Benefits
- Walt Disney World Resort Theming
- Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort Categories and Room Types
- Walt Disney World Room View Types – Do They Matter at Value and Moderate Resorts?
- Military Disney Tips Tested and Approved Resorts
- Split Stays at Walt Disney World Resorts and Shades of Green
- Top Ten Things You Should Know About The Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts
- Top 8 Reasons to Use An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
Let Military Disney Tips’ Recommended Travel Agent assist you with your Disney Resort reservation at no additional cost.
Note: Links to SellMyTimeshare.com are affiliate links.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!