News for 2021 & 2022:
- No 2022 WDW Disney Armed Forces Salute So Far
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- What to Expect on the Day Disney Announces the WDW 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Shades of Green has two fantastic, outdoor heated pools!
They are the Magnolia Pool and the Mill Pond Pool. Both pools are located adjacent to the Magnolia Wing of the Resort.
During the day these pools are very lightly used, they are the perfect place to relax on the afternoon of your arrival day.
The Mill Pond pool is formed in the shape of Mickey Mouse’s Head and Ears. This is the main pool for the resort.
The Kids brand new splash area and slide are also be found here as well as the regular (dry) playset..
Evergreens Sports Bar is located near this pool which makes it convenient to grab a refreshing drink or a snack to enjoy poolside.
There is full time lifeguard staff at both Pools.
Interested in a Poolside Room?
The Mill Pond Pool
The Mill Pond Pool is a great place to get away from the heat in the theme parks!
It features a water slide and kid’s splash area
The Mill Pond Pool is handicap accessible. Evergreens Sports Bar and Arcade is located behind the Millpond Pool.
The Kid’s Splash Area!
The Kid’s Playground is also next to the Mill Pond Pool
The Magnolia Pool
The Magnolia Pool has traditionally been the resort’s Quiet Pool.
The Magnolia pool is a zero entry pool located in a corner of the resort.
This pool is usually less busy and typically has fewer kids if you’re looking for a quiet soak.
The resort’s hot tub is also located here.
One of our best tips especially in the summer is to take a mid-day break from the theme parks.
Hit the parks early and get a lot done then head back to your room for a nap, dip in the pool, and a change of clothes. You’ll be rested, refreshed and ready to head back for the nightly parades and fireworks!
Shades of Green’s Pools Ratings
Size and Layout of the Magnolia Pool Area – 4.67
Crowd Level of the Magnolia Pool Area – 4.63
Cleanliness of the Magnolia Pool Area – 4.71
Size and Layout of the Mill Pond (Mickey) Pool Area – 4.71
Crowd Level of the Mill Pond Pool Area – 4.43
Cleanliness of the Mill Pond Pool Area – 4.69
See the Full Survey Post for all ratings plus guest comments in each category!
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!