Special Info for these Crazy Times:
- Walt Disney World Starting to Discount 2021
- Will There Be a 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discount? When Will Disney Announce a 2021 Salute Room Discount?
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Shades of Green Re-Open at Walt Disney World
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
Shades of Green, Walt Disney World’s Military Resort has an Armed Forces Exchange Service General Store on property.
It’s a small convenience store that carries your typical convenience items plus has a small selection of Disney items as well as Orlando and Florida souvenirs.
They carry typical sundry items such as:
- Soda, water, milk, and juice
- Liquor, beer, and wine
- Snack foods
- Breakfast items
- Over the counter medicines
- Tobacco products
- And many more items
The AAFES Store is open to Those stating at Shades of Green, their guests, and all other DoD ID card holders.
Non, military sponsored guests may use the store, but their sponsor’s military ID is required to purchase alcohol and tobacco.
Day guests not staying at Shades may also drop by to make purchases. There is a new hourly parking fee at Shades of Green’s parking garage.
Check out our Shades of Green AAFES Store Prices page.
Hours of Operation: 7 a.m. until 9 p.m.
The Shades of Green’s AAFES General Store Ratings
Here’s how MDT Readers rate the Shades of Green’s AAFES Store on a 1 to 5 scale in our Shades of Green Surveys:
Overall Experience – 4.51
Prices – 4.19
Item Selection – 4.00
Great selection on Disney items, and nice selection of food/non grocery items
Very nice remodel since last visit. It was usually closed when we left for the day and when we got back, but one morning we had a few moments.
A nice satellite store which carries supplies tailored to visiting the parks (esp water) for adults and families. Good prices.
Did not sell swim diapers, which are required for the pool. They kept telling me to come back yet never got them.
Nice & convenient. A good overall selection of items
I thought the merchandise was a little pricey
The prices are a bit expensive. I had hoped they would be a bit cheaper.
Out of stock on diapers we needed.
Wish had few more items like case of water.
Could have more Disney souvenirs.
Should not run out of items like kids medicine, etc.
Friendly staff, a really good selection of products per square foot, and seemed to be about the same price I’d pay at home (a few items, like Monster energy drinks, were marked up though).
They got rid of magazines! Tons of Disney merchandise a little skimpy but prices are good. I use the store multiple times every stay. They take the Star Card.
A lot of their Disney merchandise had some type of military logo on it. Not really looking for Disney merchandise with Navy/Army logo on it.
I appreciated you had items that were forgotten but direly needed
There was too much Disney and other type merchandise that was highly overpriced.
Milk was more expensive than what I’m used to paying at home, but the Disney Merchandise was significantly cheaper than the parks.
Have your used the Shades of Green AAFES General Store? Let us know what you think in the comments section below!
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
See all the current Shades of Green Discounts and Packages
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages.Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Links to Everything Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!