This is the Military Disney Tips Disney Dining Overview Page.
This is your one stop shop for Dining Information and Discounts.
On this page you’ll find both information and links to lots more for you to read about Disney Dining. There is also info about the very limited Military Discounts on Disney Dining.
Check out all of our other Topic Overview Pages:
Disney World Dining Overview
The range of dining options at Disney World is absolutely fantastic!
There is everything available from grab and go locations, Starbucks, counter service, sit down dining, and signature dining. Something for every taste and budget.
Disney Springs Dining, Entertainment, and Shopping area
Unfortunately, while Disney offers great discounts on resort rooms and park tickets, they offer no discounts at all on dining!
Fear not though, there are some military and other discounts available on Disney property which you’ll find below.
Shades of Green Dining
Shades of Green is the military owned and operated hotel on WDW property. It is one of the worldwide Armed Forces Recreation Centers.
You’ll find a good variety of restaurants at Shades of Green, they have a full service Italian restaurant, a Buffet Restaurant, a Sports Pub and several grab and go locations including a Starbucks.
Shades is a U.S. Military installation so there is no sales tax on meals, or anything else.
Shades of Green’s Restaurants:
- Mangino’s Steakhouse – Italian, Lunch and Dinner
- Garden Gallery – Buffet Breakfast and Dinner (currently closed)
- Evergreen’s – Sports Pub
- Java Cafe – Starbucks, Ice cream, Lobby Bar
- Express Cafe – Breakfast Items and Sandwiches all day (currently closed)
- Chip n’ Dale’s Deli – By the Magnolia Pool Hot Dogs, wraps, and sandwiches
Disney World Military Discounts on Dining
As mentioned above Walt Disney World does not offer military discounts on food.
But there are several non-Disney locations at Walt Disney World’s Disney Springs that do offer military discounts.
There are Restaurants, Entertainment, and Merchandise locations which honor our military community with anywhere from 10% to 25% off of your bill! See the Full List Here
Disneyland Military Discounts on Dining
As mentioned above Disney does not offer military discounts on food.
But there are several non-Disney locations at Disneylands’s Downtown Disney that do offer military discounts.
With discounts from 10% to 20% off of your bill! See the Full List Here
Non-Military Discounts on Disney World Dining
Other Dining Discounts
Discounts of up to 20% are available for these programs at select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Locations.
- Walt Disney World Pass Holders
- Disney Visa Card Holders
- Disney Vacation Club Members
- Tables in Wonderland Discount Card
Members have the added benefit of receiving Disney World dining discounts at many Walt Disney World and Disneyland restaurants.
Tables in Wonderland is a Walt Disney World discount dining program open to Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members, and Florida Residents. The membership provides a 20% discount on food and beverages (including alcohol) at many restaurants and lounges in Walt Disney World parks and hotels. Discount card purchase required.
Here is some great info on these discounts:
- Walt Disney World Disney Visa Card Holders
- Disneyland Disney Visa Card Holders
- Walt Disney World Pass Holders
- Disneyland Pass Holders
- Walt Disney World Disney Vacation Club Members
- Disneyland Disney Vacation Club Members
- Walt Disney World Tables in Wonderland Discount Card
Links in this section go to the Disney Drink Blog, our Sister website.
The Disney Dining Plan
The Disney Dining plan is offered to Disney Resort Guests (not Shades of Green or off-site guests) who can add this option on to their room reservation.
The Disney Dining Plan essentially allows you to pre-pay for your meals while at Disney. There are several different levels of the plan from the basic to the Cadillac version.
Disney occasionally offers “Free Dining” usually in the fall. The Free Dining Plan offer requires you to pay full price for the room (no military discounts) and there is a minimum full price ticket buy required (usually 1 or 2 day tickets). Deciding if this offer is better that the Disney Armed Forces Salute room and ticket offer requires some calculation.
See all of our Disney Dining Plan content:
- Disney Dining Plan Overview
- Can I add the Disney Dining Plan to My Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Reservation?
- Can I Use the Disney Dining Plan at Shades of Green?
- 11 Reasons Why I Don’t Recommend the Disney Dining Plan
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!