News for 2021 & 2022:
- Shades of Green Guests Eligible for Disney World Early Entry & Extended Evening Hours
- Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World Resumes Discounts for 2022
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
This is the Military Disney Tips Disney Dining Overview Page.
This is your one stop shop for Dining Information and Discounts.
On this page you’ll find both information and links to lots more for you to read about Disney Dining. There is also info about the very limited Military Discounts on Disney Dining.
This has been a challenging year! While Walt Disney World has reopened and is slowly ramping up operations based on demand, not all dining locations have opened and most have reduced menu options available.
Check out all of our other Topic Overview Pages:
Disney World Dining Overview
Note During the current operating situation there have been changes to Disney Dining.
- Not all Restaurants are open at this time
- The Disney Dining Plan was cancelled in 2020 and has still not restarted in 2021
- Advance Dining Reservations may be made 60-days in advance vs the traditional 180-days
- Mobile Order is almost manditory at Quick Service Locations
- Advance Dining Reservations are suggested even more stringently (you should really make them!) at Table Service locations
See our special pages on the current situation that are linked at the top of this post!
The range of dining options at Disney World is absolutely fantastic!
There is everything available from grab and go locations, Starbucks, counter service, sit down dining, and signature dining. Something for every taste and budget.
Unfortunately, while Disney offers great discounts on resort rooms and park tickets, they offer no discounts at all on dining!
Fear not though, there are some military and other discounts available on Disney property which you’ll find below.
Shades of Green Dining
Shades of Green is the military owned and operated hotel on WDW property. It is one of the worldwide Armed Forces Recreation Centers.
You’ll find a good variety of restaurants at Shades of Green, they have a full service Italian restaurant, a Buffet Restaurant, a Sports Pub and several grab and go locations including a Starbucks.
Shades is a U.S. Military installation so there is no sales tax on meals, or anything else.
Shades of Green’s Restaurants:
- Mangino’s Bistro – Italian, Lunch and Dinner
- Garden Gallery – Buffet Breakfast and Dinner (currently closed)
- Evergreen’s – Sports Pub
- Java Cafe – Starbucks, Ice cream, Lobby Bar
- Express Cafe – Breakfast Items and Sandwiches all day (currently closed)
- Chip n’ Dale’s Deli – By the Magnolia Pool Hot Dogs, wraps, and sandwiches
Disney World Military Discounts on Dining
As mentioned above Walt Disney World does not offer military discounts on food.
But there are several non-Disney locations at Walt Disney World’s Disney Springs that do offer military discounts.
There are Restaurants, Entertainment, and Merchandise locations which honor our military community with anywhere from 10% to 25% off of your bill! See the Full List Here
Disneyland Military Discounts on Dining
As mentioned above Disney does not offer military discounts on food.
But there are several non-Disney locations at Disneylands’s Downtown Disney that do offer military discounts.
With discounts from 10% to 20% off of your bill! See the Full List Here
Non-Military Discounts on Disney World Dining
Other Dining Discounts
Discounts of up to 20% are available for these programs at select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Locations.
- Walt Disney World Pass Holders
- Disney Visa Card Holders
- Disney Vacation Club Members
- Tables in Wonderland Discount Card
Members have the added benefit of receiving Disney World dining discounts at many Walt Disney World and Disneyland restaurants.
Tables in Wonderland is a Walt Disney World discount dining program open to Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members, and Florida Residents. The membership provides a 20% discount on food and beverages (including alcohol) at many restaurants and lounges in Walt Disney World parks and hotels. Discount card purchase required.
Here is some great info on these discounts:
- Walt Disney World Disney Visa Card Holders
- Disneyland Disney Visa Card Holders
- Walt Disney World Pass Holders
- Disneyland Pass Holders
- Walt Disney World Disney Vacation Club Members
- Disneyland Disney Vacation Club Members
- Walt Disney World Tables in Wonderland Discount Card
Links in this section go to the Disney Drink Blog, our Sister website.
The Disney Dining Plan
The Disney Dining plan is offered to Disney Resort Guests (not Shades of Green or off-site guests) who can add this option on to their room reservation.
The Disney Dining Plan essentially allows you to pre-pay for your meals while at Disney. There are several different levels of the plan from the basic to the Cadillac version.
Disney occasionally offers “Free Dining” usually in the fall. The Free Dining Plan offer requires you to pay full price for the room (no military discounts) and there is a minimum full price ticket buy required (usually 1 or 2 day tickets). Deciding if this offer is better that the Disney Armed Forces Salute room and ticket offer requires some calculation.
See all of our Disney Dining Plan content:
- Disney Dining Plan Overview
- Can I add the Disney Dining Plan to My Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Reservation?
- Can I Use the Disney Dining Plan at Shades of Green?
- 11 Reasons Why I Don’t Recommend the Disney Dining Plan
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!