Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Disneyland Resort Reopening Details
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
Disney World’s FastPass Plus Advance Reservation System causes quite a bit of concern for Military Travelers!
With the advent of Disney world’s new FastPass Plus Advance Reservation System it is very important to have your Disney Military Tickets well prior to arrival.
(Updated April 2021)
Where you stay affects how far in advance you can make your FastPass Plus reservations.
- Those staying at Disney Resorts – Make FastPass Plus reservations 60 Days Prior to check in (this includes Shades of Green, the Swan & Dolphin, and the Disney Springs Resorts)
- Those staying at Non-Disney Resorts – FastPass Plus reservations 30 Days Prior to each desired day of fastpasses
In order to make your FastPass reservations, you need to link your theme park tickets to your My Disney Experience (MDE) account. You do this by taking the number off the back of the ticket and entering it into MDE, or by scanning the back or the ticket with your MDE smart phone app.
Note you can do this with Exchange vouchers too, both the cardboard ticket shaped ones (line the pic below) and the full sheets of printer paper.
Without the ticket, you can’t do this and you’ll miss out on getting the most popular experiences like the Star Wars: Millennium Falcon, Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet, or Avatar: Flight of Passage.
This is a big issue for those who do not live reasonably close to a military base!
Waiting until you arrive at Disney World to buy your tickets will keep you from getting FastPasses for some of the experiences that you want!
Shades of Green
Shades of Green’s Ticket Office sells all of their available tickets long distance.
You should allow ample time for the transaction and and shipping to take place. Depending on volume it can take from a few days to 3 weeks!
To purchase your tickets complete their new online form. One of their ticket specialists will then contact you via phone to take your credit card or Star Card information. They will also verify eligibility.
Note: Shades of Green will not sell tickets more than 6 months prior to the date you tell them you are going.
Patrick AFB ITT
Just go to the Patrick AFB ITT Page, then click on “Order By Phone”
The Camp Pendleton ITT can take your order over the phone and then send them to you.
There is a $10.oo fee for them to send your tickets to you via FedEx. You can pay for your tickets and fee with your credit card.
Disney World tickets require a 2 week lead time! This is because they may need to order the specific tickets that you want.
To order your tickets, contact the Camp Pendleton ITT Pacific Plaza at (760) 725-5863. Please note Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket eligibility is for those who are career retired, as in 20+ years of service or 100% medically retired (DAVPRM).
Their hours of operation are: Mon-Sat: 8:30am-6:30pm (Pacific Time)
Disneyland Military Tickets are available for sale via phone as well.
Please Note: Some bases sell paper exchange vouchers when you purchase Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets. Some bases sell these paper versions, some sell plastic tickets (which Disney still calls Exchange Vouchers). In either case you can link or scan them into MDE.
Make Your FastPasses
Once you have your tickets, go ahead and link them in My Disney Experience and on the 60th day prior to check in or 30 days prior to your first park day you can make your FastPass Plus reservations.
- Disney Resort Guests – Make FP+ reservations 60 Days Prior to check in for their whole trip up to 10 days or the number of days on your linked ticket (whichever is less)
- Non-Disney Resort Guests – Make FP+ reservations day-by-day 30 Days Prior to the desired date
MDT Tip: Disney Guests make FastPasses from the last day of your trip first, then each day prior (there will be more availability further out for the most sought after attractions).
Note: You need to also link you Disney Resort reservation in MDE to open up the 60 day availability!
My Disney Experience Linking Issues
If you have issues linking your tickets or the number of days on the ticket does not show up in MDE (this can happen with Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets) simply call the Disney Internet Help Desk at 800-848-6413. They can assist you with getting things right.
When linking Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets to children you will sometimes get a message that you’ve linked a ticket for ages 10+ to a child. This is not an issue and affects nothing!
Will this info help you? Have you done this? Let us know in the comment section below!
Disney's My Magic Plus LinksMy Disney Experience MIlitary Ticket Linking
Disney’s New Tech Intro
All You Need To Know About FastPass+ For the Military Traveler
Military FastPass Plus Ticket Options for Disney World
Waiting On Your Walt Disney World FastPass Plus Window To Open (what you'll see in your account)
Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
FastPass Plus for Shades of Green Guests
Memory Maker and PhotoPass
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!