Special Info for these Crazy Times:
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened See these Posts to see what's different!
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Shades of Green the military Resort at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida has 2 different non-suite room types, the Standard Room and the Poolside Room.
Each rate category has a different price for these rooms, but in all cases the Poolside Rooms are $10 more per night than the standard Rooms.
Magnolia Pool Rooms
The Magnolia Pool, sometimes referred to as the quiet pool has 13 Poolside Rooms, while the Millpond Pool has 33.
Rooms 101 through 113 are arranged in an L on 2 sides of the Magnolia Pool. These rooms are separated from the pool area by shrubs and a sidewalk. There is no separation between the room patios.
These are nice quiet rooms, the lower the room number the closer to the lobby and the higher my recommendation.
The Magnolia Poolside Rooms are the closest poolside rooms to the lobby. The Millpond rooms are further out.
Millpond Pool Rooms
Rooms 132 through 164 surround the Millpond Pool on 3 sides. Evergreens Sports Bar, the Arcade, and the playground occupy the 4th side furthest from the lobby.
Rooms 139 through 154 run along the East side. Rooms 139 to 144 have greenery partially screening them from the walkway and pool making them more private, these are my favorite rooms by this pool. This block of Millpond Pool rooms is the closest to the lobby.
Rooms 155 through 164 are on the South side with the lower numbers being closer to the Kids Splash Area and the higher ones closer to Evergreens.
When making your reservations you may request specific room numbers or areas, but be aware that Shades cannot make guarantees.
If you are interested in a Poolside Room be sure to reserve yours early as these 46 rooms are very popular and a small percentage of the 586 total rooms.
If you are interested in a Suite, the Magnolia Suite is the only one located close to the pools in the Magnolia Wing.
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!