- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
- News On Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Sales
- Shades of Green Won't Reopen Until 12 August
- 2020 Disney World Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Extension Update
- Disney Extending Expiration Dates on Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets!
- Walt Disney World Re-Opening Military FAQ
Shades of Green, the Military Only Resort on Walt Disney World property sets their room rates by pay-grade.
You’ll find Shades of Green has reasonable room rates when compared to many of the Disney World Resorts and other hotels in the local area. Rates are based upon your pay grade or status, with junior members paying much less to help them afford a Disney vacation.
Shades of Green’s rates are constant all year long, except for various specials, which they run from time to time.
The Disney resorts on the other hand have numerous price seasons throughout the year as well as having their prices fluctuate based on the day of the week (Friday and Saturday nights are often more expensive). The price for a specific Disney resort room can vary anywhere from 1.4 to over 2 times the cheapest price for that room depending on the time of year.
1 Oct. 2019 – 30 Sept. 2020
|Room Rates||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3|
|Junior Family Suite||$304.00|
1 Oct. 2020 – 30 Sept. 2021
|Room Rates||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3|
|Junior Family Suite||$319.00|
Add $15.00 per additional adult, 18 years or older. For single occupancy, subtract $2.00 from the above rates.
All rooms include refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and in-room safe. Due to fire codes, any additional cooking appliances (such as microwaves) are not allowed in guest rooms.
Shades of Green’s Guest Room Ratings
Here’s how MDT Readers rate the rooms at Shades of Green on a 1 to 5, scale in our Shades of Green Surveys:
Overall Room Satisfaction – 4.74
Cleanliness of Room – 4.72
Room Size and Layout – 4.90
Quietness of Room – 4.40
Comfort of Beds and Pillows – 4.71
Update January 2020: Added John McCain Defense Authorization Act Eligibles yo Category #3,
Category #1 – E-1 thru E-6 and Cadets (E-1 thru E-6 and Cadet sponsored rooms will receive the rate that applies to Category #2.).
Category #2 – E-7 thru E-9, O-1 thru O-3, WO-1 to CW-3, Widows, Medal of Honor Recipients, 100% Disabled Veterans and Category #1 sponsored guests, Category #2 sponsored guests.
Category #3 – O-4 thru O-10, CW-4, CW-5, Active and Retired DoD Civilians, Category #3 sponsored guests, Foreign Military assigned to a U.S. Military installation only, DoD Contractors assigned to a U.S. Military installation only. Veterans who are Purple Heart recipients, Veterans who are former prisoners of war, All Veterans with service-connected disabilities, Individuals approved and designated as the Primary Family Caregivers of eligible Veterans under the VA Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers.
Update October 2019: Shades of Green has posted their fiscal year 2021 rates and they are a Very Big Increase (by Shades of Green historical standards). All room types were increased $15. This is the biggest increase ever for Shades of Green. This comes on top of 2 parking rate increases in 2019, which disproportionately shift a larger portion of the resort’s profits to those who drive.
Shades of Green Price Increase History:
- FY21: $15
- FY2o: $5
- FY19: $4
- FY18: $6
- FY17: $11
- FY16: $3
- FY15: $2
- FY14: $0
- FY13: $0
- FY12: $0
- FY11: $0
- FY10: $0
- FY09: $4
- FY08: $9
- FY07: $4
- FY06: $4
- FY05: $0
- FY04: $2
- FY03 #2: $1
- FY03: $3
- FY02: $0
Reservations may be made 365 days in advance of the desired date.
- Room rates are subject to pay grade and party size verification upon check-in
- Upon check-in, a valid military I.D. or DoD I.D. and LES is required
- Sponsored guests must be accompanied by the Military DoD sponsor at check-in and throughout the stay
- Above rates are based on two adults occupying a standard/poolside room and four adults occupying the suites
- Maximum number of rooms per sponsor is 3
- Maximum occupancy of standard and poolside rooms is 5, Junior Suites is 6, and Suites is 8
- Military sponsors should not reserve additional rooms under their name for other eligible military/DOD sponsors
- Reservations are not transferable
- A room reserved with multiple sponsors will be reserved based on the highest-ranking person
- Pets are not permitted
- Shades of Green is a smoke-free resort.
Please note: As operating costs increase, guest room rates are subject to change without notice.
Cancellation and Modification of Reservations: Shades of Green has a 30-day change or cancellation policy. If you chose to change or cancel your reservations, you must contact Shades of Green at least 30 days prior to your arrival to avoid a forfeiture of your deposit. Only reservations made through on-line booking can be modified using online booking; if you have made your reservations via phone, please contact Shades of Green at (888) 593-2242 or fax (407) 824-3665.
- Shades of Green Discounts
- How does Shades of Green Compare to Disney in Price
- Military Members Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Resort Overview Page
- Shades of Green Eligibility
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
See all the current Shades of Green Discounts and Packages
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages.Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Links to Everything Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!