- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
This very exciting news is just coming out and evolving!
There has been no official announcement yet by Disney World , but many people are reporting that the expiration dates for their Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets are showing 26 September 2021 in their My Disney Experience Account.
UPDATED – 5 August 2020 – The expiration extension is only for unused Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets. If you had already used some of the days on your tickets prior to the shutdown, then the expiration remains 19 Dec 2020.
UPDATED – 20 June 2020 – Disneyland Resort has also extended their Salute Tickets through 16 December 2021!
On 12 June I had several direct reports and heard second hand of many Disney World Disney Armed Forces Salute Expiration dates being changed in My Disney Experience to the new September 2021 date.
At first some, but not all Walt Disney World Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets had had the expiration date adjusted to 26 September 2021.
I personally had 2 Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets linked in my MDE account and the dates had not changed when I originally published this. I had been checking them periodically for months to see if they would change!
(Update: about an hour after posting 1 of my tickets had the new expiration date)
(Update 2: 4 hours later both have updated to 26 Sept 2021)
Then late on 19 June Disneyland’s website updated with the news that they were extending their Salute Tickets through 16 December 2021.
Walt Disney World – There is no information about Blockout Dates,, but one can assume that 19 – 31 Dec 2020 could potentially be blocked from use as well as 1.5 to 2 weeks at the height of Spring Break (expect similar to Disneyland).
Disneyland Resort – 19 December 2020 through 4 January 2021 and 26 March through 11 April 2021.
To see our full thoughts on upcoming Blockout Dates and an explanation of what they are see: Why are there Blockout Dates?
Shades of Green
6/19- Shades of Green has officially announced this Salute Ticket extension, but offers no details yet.
What we don’t know
- If currently sold 2020 Salute tickets which go through Sept 2021 will have Blockout Dates for Christmas and Spring Break at Walt Disney World (they do for Disneyland Resort)
- When Disney will restart ticket sales
- If 2020 Salute Tickets will start being sold when they restart general public sales, later, or not at all
- If they restart 2020 Salute ticket sales, what the expiration date will be for the newly sold tickets
- If there will be a separate 2021 Salute ticket offer with new prices, or they just keep extending the 2020 offer with the same or higher prices
- Salute tickets have always been park hoppers or park hopper plus. With no park hopping for the foreseeable future, what does this mean for continued 2020 Salute ticket offerings and prices as well as 2021
It’s way too early to tell, we just have to wait to see what Disney does.
And sadly I don’t expect any emphasis on this issue from Disney based on how long it took them to extend the 2020 Salute tickets, not to mention their total silence to the military community the last 3 months.
How to Check Your Expiration Dates
On Your Desktop
You cannot check expiration dates on desktop computers, you can only see who each ticket is linked to.
On your plans page scroll down till you see: Daily Itinerary and Tickets & Memory Maker. Click on, Tickets & Memory Maker.
On your Disney App
These instructions are the same for both Walt Disney World’s My Disney Experience app and the Disneyland app.
After logging in, click on the menu icon in the bottom right.
Then click on Tickets and Passes (top left).
You will then see all of the tickets or passes that you have linked to those on your account as well as friends and family you’ve added.
Swipe to look at each ticket.
A Huge Help for Military Families
Even though this is being done on the down low, with no announcement it is a huge plus for Military Families who were left holding tickets worth hundreds to thousands of dollars that they thought they would not be able to use and would be out that money.
Thanks for finally doing this Disney!!!
Over to You for Intel!
Please! share your experiences with Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket expiration date extension in the comments below!
Tell us: WDW or Disneyland, how many tickets you have, how many have had the expiration extended, and if you are comfortable sharing roughly when you have Disney Resort reservations for. (I’m wondering if they are working chronologically).
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!