Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Disneyland Resort Reopening Details
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
Starting 1 January 2021, limited Park Hopping returns to Disney World!!!
Today Disney announced the following:
As the phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort continues, we are nearing another exciting milestone we know many guests have been looking forward to: the return of the Park Hopper option! Starting Jan. 1, 2021, guests who purchased a ticket, package or annual pass with Park Hopper benefits will be able to visit more than one park per day, with some new modifications as part of our ongoing focus on health and safety.
With the updated Park Hopper experience, Guests must make a Disney Park Pass reservation for the first park they plan to visit (reservation requirements are subject to change) AND enter that first park prior to visiting another. Additionally, we will set specific Park Hopper® hours during which this option will be available. Park Hopper® hours will start at 2 p.m. each day and end at the park’s scheduled close time. Guests will soon be able to check DisneyWorld.com/ParkHours and the My Disney Experience app for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours, as they could start earlier at a later date, depending on the day and park.
These modifications are designed to help us manage attendance responsibly to continue to foster physical distancing. Additionally, other enhanced health and safety measures remain in effect, including face coverings required for all guests ages two and up.
This is big news for the military community, whose Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets include Park Hopping by default and as part of the price!
We just returned last night from Disney World and can report that all the parks start to empty out around dinner time. It just makes no sense to not let people in. They have (always had) a system that lets them know how many are in the park…
We stayed at a pricey Epcot Deluxe Resort and it made zero sense that we couldn’t pop into an empty Epcot in the evening after dinner (or for dinner) when paying those big rates.
One Step Closer
This is one more positive step on the road to returning to normal from this temporary abnormal.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!