Many people are confused by the Difference Between Disney Armed Forces Salute and Regular Military Discounted Tickets for Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
There are quite a few people that don’t even know about the Regular Disney Military Ticket Discount for Walt Disney World and Disneyland!
In this post I’m going to lay out the 11 differences for you.
Regular Disney Military Ticket Discount for Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- The Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way Tickets are the permanent discount that stretches back into the 80’s at least.
- These are slightly discounted versions of the exact same Magic Your Way Tickets available to the general public.
- They come in 1 – 10 day lengths at Disney World and 1 – 5 day lengths at Disneyland and offer
- The following ticket options are available Base (no options), Park Hopper, Water Park and Sports, and Park Hopper Plus at Disney World and Base, Base with Genie+, Park Hopper, and Park Hopper with Genie+ at Disneyland.
- Unlike the general public versions of these, they are not date based (attendance or price), you just buy it and use it at any time you’d like, where the GP version you have to buy for specific dates, say 20-24 January 2023 and pay the specific rate for those days. Tickets have the typical GP expiration of unused days, 14 days after first use and unused tickets typically expire on 31 Dec more than 1 year in the future. Unused days and tickets retain their value towards new full price tickets direct from Disney.
- There are no blockout dates on these tickets, except the single day tickets go up in price during the 2 weeks of Christmas.
- The member does not need to have a ticket and be part of the party. They may be purchased and then given to anyone (family or friends) to use without the member.
- There is no activation required and no limit at all on the number.
- There is no limit on the number of these the member, spouse, or child dependents can purchase.
- These tickets can only be purchased from a Base Ticket Office, Disney does not sell these.
- These are typically only the right choice for longer trips (6+ days) depending on user preferences on options, and single days (or if no more Salute tickets are available).
Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets
- The Disney Armed Forces Salute is a never guaranteed to be renewed temporary offer. The first of which was the first half of 2002, and the second which started the current string of offers in 2009.
- These are highly discounted tickets that come in a limited number of day lengths and options.
- These currently come in 4 and 5 day lengths at Disney World and and 3 and 4 day lengths at Disneyland
- The following ticket options are available Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus at Walt Disney World and Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus, with or with out the Genie+ add on at Disneyland.
- These tickets are only valid during the specific offer period and lose all value at the offer end date.
- Salute tickets often have blockout dates associated with each offer when they cannot be used.
- The member must have a ticket and be part of the party.
- Activation by the member is required in order for Disney to track the limit per member.
- They are limited in number to 6 per eligible member during each offer period.
- These tickets can be purchased on base or from Disney.
- These are the right choice for 2-4 park days.
For more help on deciding on your ideal ticket, see the following:
Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below!
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!