News for 2021 & 2022:
- Shades of Green Guests Eligible for Disney World Early Entry & Extended Evening Hours
- Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World Resumes Discounts for 2022
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
I want to tell you about a fun, free activity at Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, The Night Vision Goggle Safari. It is available to guests and non-guests alike. Your kids will love this!
I recently stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge’s Jambo House. It was a fantastic stay at a great Disney resort. The room was fabulous, the food was fabulous and I got it for a sweet 40% off regular rates with the Disney Armed Forces Salute military room discount.
They have lots of fun activities available, but one of the coolest is the animal viewing using Night Vision Goggles (NVGs). The animal viewing takes place nightly starting shortly after sundown and running until 9:30 pm. Just ask at the concierge desk for the day’s start time.
How To Get There
NOTE: The pool is under refurbishment. During this time the NVG Safari has been relocated. It is held on the covered patio to the left rear of the lobby.
Head to the lower level on the right side of the lobby (facing the rear). Follow the signs for the pool. Walk past the pool and keep continuing to the left as far as you can go to the Uzima Overlook.
The outside lights are off in that area but you’ll be able to find your way well enough. As you near the overlook you’ll see a line of people, just join the line it moves fairly quickly.
At the front of the line there’ll be some Disney cast members running the viewing. They have several sets of NVGs which they pass from guest to guest. As each guest finishes with the goggles the cast member cleans them with a wipe and passes them to the next guest.
There were quite a few animals for us to look at, some close and some further away. we saw giraffes, zebras, and some antelope. The giraffes were our favorites. The animals were quite clear and bright through the goggles.
We weren’t rushed and took our time. It was a fun, quite atmosphere, people whispering and enjoying the new experience in the cool evening air.
Check It Out!
If you have the chance I recommend trying this neat experience!
Check out our post on more fun free or low cost things to do at Disney World.
Make your Disney resort reservation through our Recommended, Military Owned, Disney Specializing Travel Agent – Ears of Experience
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!