- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
The Disney World AAA Welcome Center used to be located in Ocala Florida.
It’s been closed now for almost 6 years. Shortly after I started this blog I wrote a piece on Disney’s slow withdrawal from outdoor advertising.
Disney’s outdoor advertising once was comprised of a huge amount of billboards reaching almost to the northern Florida border, the Disney AAA Welcome Center, and even an AM radio station.
The Welcome Center was a joint venture between Disney and the Automobile Association of America (AAA). Those traveling to WDW via car could stop there to get information, make reservations, buy park tickets and Disney Merchandise. They even had a small theatre playing WDW information films.
After Disney closed the Welcome Center it went through several different tenants over the years. The most recent occupant didn’t even put up a sign. There were just a few cars parked in the lot.
RIP Disney AAA Welcome Center
Well I was in central Florida the past few days for (surprisingly) non-Disney related stuff and as I drove by exit 350 on Interstate 75 I could see they’d torn the old Welcome Center building down.
Even after Disney closed it the building was used by other companies.
I stopped on the way home to snap some pics and thought I’d post this memorial.
A Hampton Inns and Suites now sits where the Welcome Center was.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!