With a vacation as magical as Walt Disney World, we’re always looking for the best souvenirs or the best way to solidify those memories.
Sometimes it’s scouring the shops looking for just the right trinket, or maybe it is saving up for a special collectible.
And sometimes the most magical memento is one that is not only personal, but absolutely FREE.
All About Celebration Buttons
Disney wants to be part of your special moments. They have special buttons for you to share with the world what special moments are going on in your life. Cast Members will help you personalize them, and yes, they are free.
Types of Buttons
Walt Disney World has 2 different types of celebration buttons:
1. Happy Birthday
2. Happily Ever After – These are great for newlyweds and couples celebrating anniversaries!
3. I’m Celebrating___________ – Celebration buttons are a great way to share what brings you to Walt Disney World. You can tell about your new job, a good report card, or even just that you are celebrating the best day ever! The world is your oyster!
Prior to the closure there was a fourth button that was specifically celebrating My 1st Visit. It seems that Disney is doing away with this pin since we haven’t seen it since.
Where to Get Celebration Buttons
Disney Celebration Buttons aren’t one of those “secret” freebies that Disney doesn’t want you to know about. In fact, there are 3 different ways to pick up your Celebration Buttons.
1. Disney Resorts – If you are a Disney Resort guest the Cast Member at the desk will ask you if you are celebrating anything and this is where you can tell them your happy story! All Disney Resorts have Disney Celebration buttons
2. Guest Relations at Park Entrances – At the entrance of every park there is a Guest Relations building. These Cast Members will be more than happy to hear your great news!
3. Guest Relations in the Parks – You will notice kiosks with blue umbrellas throughout the parks. These Cast Members can help you troubleshoot Genie+, give directions, and yes, get you your Celebration Buttons.
What’s The Big Deal…?
You are probably asking yourself why would people go through the trouble? And then there is probably some mumbling about how kids these days need to share every nugget of their life with strangers…etc. While we are in agreement with you and your mutterings, this is a little different.
Imagine how special a birthday would be if you were told “Happy Birthday” about 100 times in a day. Imagine how it would feel to even have characters acknowledge your special day. If you are wearing a Celebration Button you will for sure be told, “Congratulations”, “Happy Birthday”, etc. all day long. It will be an experience you won’t soon forget, and when you get home you can look back at your Celebration Button and remember it all over again.
Pixie Dust is when Cast Members go above and beyond for a person. It might be a free cookie, a Lightning Lane, or a special meet and greet. The options are truly endless… And at the complete discretion of Cast Members.
You should never expect to receive Pixie Dust while in Walt Disney World, and you certainly cannot ask for it. In our experiences we have received small doses of Pixie Dust when wearing our pins.
On our most recent adventure, our Best Day Ever pins resulted in a free cupcake over in Hollywood Studios. My daughter (7) asked a Cast Member, “Excuse me, ma’am, I can’t read your name. How do you say it?”. The Cast Member told her and my daughter replied that she liked it. The Cast Member noticed our pins and asked if it was really the Best Day Ever. Well, since we were currently eating ice cream, it was a yes. She came back with a huge chocolate cupcake!
Cupcakes are good. Free cupcakes are magical.
Now we’re home and back into the real world, and you know what our children are most attached to? Not the stuffies. Not the toys. The candy is long gone. They are attached to their pins.
Editor’s Note: If you are wearing a Birthday Celebration Button at EPCOT’s American Adventure and a cast member notices, you are probably in store for a special treat. A phone call with Mickey at an old fashioned phone in the entry.
Comments, Questions, be sure to leave them in the Comment Section Below!
This MDT Post By: Jenn Scranton
Jenn is a MilSpouse who loves going to Walt Disney World with her family, pin trading, and collecting Minnie ears and coffee mugs! Check out her bio.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!