News for 2021:
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Walt Disney World’s Golf Courses offer Military Discounts!
Disney World Golf Facts:
- The 18th hole at Disney’s Palm Golf Course was considered one of the most challenging holes on the PGA Tour.
- Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Golf Course is one of the few courses that have hosted a PGA Tour event, an LPGA Tour event and a USGA event.
- Disney’s courses are situated in a natural habitat that makes it a truly unique environment. Each of Disney’s 4 courses are certified by Audubon International as a Cooperative Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Host of the PGA Tour’s Walt Disney World® Golf Classic from 1971-2012.
- Transportation is provided at no charge (via taxi) to and from select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for Guests playing at one of the Disney courses.
- Disney’s Palm and Magnolia courses surround Shades of Green, the military resort at Walt Disney World.
Military Discounted Golf Rates
Discounted rates are offered for military members at all of Disney World’s Golf Courses. These are the absolute lowest rates available to anyone. The Palm and Magnolia are just steps away from Shades of Green’s lobby.
Rates vary by course and time.
Military rates may be made 1 month in advance of your desired date (other rates can be made earlier).
Use the Online Reservation System or call 407-939-4653.
Shades of Green Military Resort is surrounded by two of WDW’s Championship Golf Courses. Disney’s Magnolia and Palm were two of the featured golf courses in the Children’s Miracle Network Golf Classic. These courses are just a short walk across the Shades of Green parking lot. All of Walt Disney World’s courses are owned and operated by Arnold Palmer Golf Management.
The number for Disney Golf is (407) WDW-GOLF (938-4653).
Disney’s 9-Hole Course added to Select Tickets!
Walt Disney World features three 18-hole golf courses, all of which played host to the PGA Tour for over 40 years. In addition, there is a 9-hole, par 36, walking course.
The championship courses and some basic stats about them are:
Palm – Originally designed by Joe Lee, but completely redesigned in 2013 by Arnold Palmer Course Design, par for this course is 72. It has been rated a 4-star course by Golf Digest magazine, and won Golf Inc. Renovation of the year for 2015. Its number one challenge is water.
Magnolia – Also designed by Joe Lee, this is also par 72 and has been rated a 4-star course by Golf Digest. All bunkers were renovated in Summer 2015, in addition to extensive tree work and cart path repairs, resulting in the best golf course conditioning guests have enjoyed in recent years. This is the longest of all 3 championship courses.
Lake Buena Vista – Also designed by Joe Lee, this is also par 72 and has been rated a 4-star course by Golf Digest. Test your skills and fortitude at the demanding 7th hole with its challenging island green. Its number one challenge is narrow fairways.
Oak Trail – Designed by Ron Garl, 9-hole, par 36, and featuring junior tees for younger golfers. This walking only course is fun for novice golfers and the whole family.
Available Features Include:
- Two full-service pro shops
- Private golf instruction by PGA Pro Staff available by appointment
- Rental equipment available
- Three driving ranges, three putting greens.
- Clubhouses with on-course food & beverage stations.
- Complimentary taxi transportation to all 4 courses for WDW Resort Guests.
- For tee times call 407-WDW-GOLF or visit Disney’s Official Golf Site, under Tee Times, click Members of our Armed Forces.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!