Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- 2021 Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Ticket Announcement
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
Here’s an awful thought… What if you are in the middle of your Disney World Theme Park day and you realize they you (or more likely one of your kids) have lost your magic band?
Don’t fear! It’ll will be fine.
I know that’s lots of stuff tied up in the band, theme park tickets, fastpasses, room charge ability, but there is nothing you need to worry about. If someone tried, they couldn’t charge to you room without your pin!
So remain calm and follow our steps below.
What To Do
First do a quick check of the surrounding area and any bags you might be carrying to make sure it’s really gone.
Next Deactivate the Magic Band (directions are just below). This prevents anyone from using it for any purpose. You can turn it back on later if it is found.
If you have an Idea where it might have been lost you can retrace your steps and ask the Cast Members who work in that area if it was found. Each location keeps lost and found in the area for a time period before sending items to the central park lost and found.
If you can’t find it and need to access to its functions (fastpass, park entrance, etc.), you can go to a nearby Guest Relations location for assistance. They can issue you a plastic ticket that functions just the same as a Magic Band to use in place of your band or until you replace it (you could buy a new one or you might have another in your room). The plastic ticket will be linked to the person who lost their band and perform all the same functions as the band.
You can check the central lost and found where you are at the end of your day to see if the band was turned in. If it was or you’ve found it, you can then reactivate it.
How to Deactivate a Magic Band
On your My Disney Experience App, click on the Menu Icon in the lower right. (Some people call this the Hamburger Icon)
The page below opens. Scroll down.
Near the bottom you’ll see My Profile. Click on it.
Then click on Magic Bands & Cards
Then click on Your Magic Bands & Cards
Then click on the magic band number.
On the page for that band, you can click on Deactivate. This band is now off!
If you find the band later, take all the steps above and then click on Activate to turn it back on!
That’s it, Hope this helps if you fall into this situation!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!