Located in Orlando’s Florida Mall is The Crayola Experience, and if you have small children, this is a really great place for them to visit and unwind after some magical but exhausting time in the parks.
Children of all ages can visit and play, but based on our experience anyone older than 9 or 10 wouldn’t enjoy it much.
Admission is regularly $26 per person, regardless of age, (except 2 and younger which are free) and the active duty military service member is able to obtain a FREE season pass. Message to spouses: We visited while our service member was deployed and were pretty bummed to learn that the free pass discount is exclusive to the service member, though their website didn’t specifically mention this.
Military Discounted single day tickets are available though from Shades of Green at Walt Disney World. The ticket price is $24.75 for ages 3 and up. Tickets can be purchased from the Shades of Green Attraction Ticket Office in person or long distance.
Regardless, from the time you park your car to when you walk in, you can’t stop smiling at the rainbow of color everywhere! As soon as you pay your admission, the fun begins with imagination and creativity at the helm.
Upon arrival, each guest is given a large plastic bag, 2 tokens, and a scrubbie toy.
When you reach the top of the stairs you are greeted with your first activity, which was creating your own personal crayon. Choose from a handful of colors, create your own label, and even wrap your own crayon. What a great souvenir. This will “cost” you 1 token.
Once you pass the make your own crayon station, you are greeted with a huge open concept hub of creativity. Everything is organized into stations, however, it was open enough that my little creative butterfly just kept hopping back and forth between places because she couldn’t decide.
Some of the stations in the main area include:
- Molding Magic (Crayola’s version of playdoh) vending machines that take tokens and tables with clay sculpting tools
- iPads set up with art games
- Silly Selfies where you add funny decals to change you picture
- Put yourself into your own coloring page with Be a Stat
- Sit and color at the largest crayon trough we have every seen
- Make pin art with melted crayons
- Make your own melted crayon shape
- Interactive sandbox
- Scribble Scrubbies (remember that toy you received in the beginning?)
- And a lot more!
In between creating our works of art, there was a giant play structure in the middle of the room for kids to take a break and let the lead out! This playset is HUGE! Have smaller kids? Don’t worry, they had a similar structure, but much smaller just across the room for children 3 and under.
You will enjoy creative fun, creative play, and experience lots of color. Discover the Magic of Color with 26 one-of-a-kind attractions!
- Café Crayola – Relax and recharge at Café Crayola where you can sit and enjoy a meal.
- Café Stage – Watch an entertaining show and learn the science and magic of color behind your favorite Crayola products!
- Bluetiful the world’s largest crayon – Snap a photo with the largest Crayola crayon weighing 1,352 pounds and 15.6 feet long!
- And more!
The Florida Mall is off of Sand Lake Road, about a 10-14 mile drive from Disney World depending on your departure point.
I’s a reasonable Uber/Lyft trip.
As much as we love Walt Disney World, it is exhausting! Parents need a break day, but kids are little go, go, go machines. I was surprised how much the kids were able to really do on their own at The Crayola Experience, so I was able to sit back, rest my feet, and enjoy watching how their little minds work.
With my children ages 2 and 7, we spent a very comfortable 2 ½ hours at The Crayola Experience. It was a great use of our off day, I got to chill out and they got to run. The only thing we think is missing is a coffee shop inside for mom and dad! Our family definitely plans on returning in the future, especially with our soldier to get the annual passholder offer!
Have Comments or Questions about this colorful destination? Be sure to leave them in the Comment Section Below!
This MDT Post By: Erin Schreiver
Erin is a MilSpouse who loves going to Walt Disney World with her family, pin trading, and collecting Minnie ears and coffee mugs! Check out her bio.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!