Special Info for these Crazy Times:
- Walt Disney World Starting to Discount 2021
- Will There Be a 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discount? When Will Disney Announce a 2021 Salute Room Discount?
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Shades of Green Re-Open at Walt Disney World
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
How to find your way back to Shades of Green from Epcot.
Those who elect to drive their POV to Epcot will face a couple of negatives and receive benefits as well.
First, the negatives:
- Shades Guests are required to pay Disney World’s daily parking fee, which is currently $25 per day for cars.
- When leaving the Epcot parking lot it can be a bit confusing how to get back to Shades of Green. You could drive well out of your way.
- Not having to take 2 modes of transportation (with 2 associated waits) to and from Epcot. These being the bus between Shades of Green and the Transportation and Ticket Center, plus the Monorail between the TTC and Epcot
- Traveling on your own schedule. Not waiting on buses to arrive and trying to get on with the crowd. There are no queue lines at the Shades theme park bus stops and bussed are often mobbed (Everyone rushes the bus door, especially those who have just arrived who attempt to get on before those who have waited) when they arrive during peak travel times.
- At the end of the day you can proceed right to your car and head back to your room, no waiting on several buses to fill with those ahead of you and no trying to get on the bus at the same time as 50 other people in a mob.
If you follow the directions on this page at the end of your day, your driving distance to the Shades of Green’s entrance from the parking lot will a minimum of 4.5 miles shorter. Exiting in the opposite direction will present you with multiple ways to get to Shades, none very well marked which cold take you all over Walt Disney World property.
Driving to Epcot
To get to Epcot parking lot turn right as you exit the Shades of Green driveway. After passing the Polynesian Resort, you’ll yield to traffic coming from your left (from the Poly and Magic Kingdom area). Keep going straight, you will eventually merge into a three lane road.
Stay in the right lane as you will be exiting in about 1.75 miles. You will see the Magic Kingdom Car Care Center on your right, keep going. The first exit that you come to will be for Epcot. You’ll do a 270 degree loop as you exit. Once over the overpass go right at the “Y” to head for the Epcot parking tool booths.
Follow the signs to the parking lot where they are currently parking cars. Then follow the parking attendant’s directions to your spot.
Disney parks one row at a time.
Attendants will motion you into the row they are working on. They start at the very far end and have you pull to the very front of a painted spot which will hold 2 cars front to back. The car following you will be parking directly next to you, so use caution opening your door!
Once the last car is parked in the front spot in your row, cars will be sent to the far end of the row again and they will park in the back spot behind the cars already in the front spots.
In the picture above you can see the line of cars across the bottom of the picture moving to the left. As they reach the partially filled row they are directed into it. They are being parked in the front spot in the row. When the row fills the front spots, cars will be directed to the end again to fill the back spot. You can also see they have just started to park in the next full row behind the partially filled one (there is a dark pickup and a white one moving down the row.
Safety Notice: Upon exiting your car move IN FRONT of it! Traffic will be continuing down the row right behind you. Walk in front of the row of cars you parked in to the tram pickup location, there is no active traffic there. Do not walk in the row behind where you parked, cars are still being actively parked either in your row or the row behind you! You’ll hear Disney cast members yelling at others to get in front of the row of parked cars.
MDT Tip: When you reach the end of your row near the tram pickup area, note the number painted on the ground at the end of your row. Take a picture of it with your cell or digital camera, or text it to another person in your party for reference later. Every single row in the huge lot has its own individual number. This will come in handy later!
Leaving the Epcot Lot
So, you’ve accomplished everything you wanted to at Epcot and it’s time to leave. Here is how to proceed.
The parking lot that you parked in determines the route you’ll use to exit.
The Parking lots are:
Journey and Discover – You’ll follow the green arrows in the image below. Exit your parking row via the one way travel in each row. At the end of the row turn right (Journey) or left (Discover). These are one way roads, so follow the arrows.
Both lots feed into a road which crosses over the entrance traffic on an overpass. Just after the overpass, exit to the right and take the 270 degree loop. The overhead sign says “Magic Kingdom.” Do not go straight! This leads to the long way around.
This is depicted by the GREEN ARROWS on the pic.
Then you’ll follow the route shown by the WHITE ARROWS
You’ll do a clockwise 360 degree loop, go over an overpass and then exit to the right, following the signs to the “Magic Kingdom.”
Amaze Create, Imagine, and Explore – You’ll follow the blue arrows in the image Above. Exit your parking row via the one way travel in each row. At the end of the row turn left (Amaze and Create) or right (Imagine and Explore). This is a one way road, so follow the arrows.
As you leave the parking lot area you must yield to traffic coming from your left!
Then keep following the route indicated by the blue arrows on the pic. Do Not take the exits on the right! They lead to the long way around.
Then you’ll follow the route shown by the WHITE ARROWS (above)
Following the white arrows you’ll do a clockwise 360 degree loop, go over an overpass and then exit to the right, following the signs to the “Magic Kingdom” on is World Drive.
On To Shades of Green
Once you’re heading to the Magic Kingdom follow these directions.
Get into the left 2 lanes.
As you near the Magic Kingdom parking lot toll plaza the left lanes are for a flyover which bypasses the Magic Kingdom parking queue.
Then go straight for .85 miles and turn left at the light. On this road you’ll pass the Transportation and Ticket Center and the Polynesian Village Resort. At the stop sign turn right, Shades will be on the left.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!