Our what to pack for Disney checklist includes items we’ve tested and used ourselves in the parks, plus great ideas that we’ve seen elsewhere and are planning to try.
Everything on this list will either save you some cash or make your vacation and park experience more enjoyable and comfortable.
Here is the Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
Essential Items to go in your Carry On Bags
- Your Military Theme Park Tickets and copy of the original purchase receipt(s) (you should have pictures of your tickets too, see why)
- Your Magic Bands
- Any Disney gift cards
- Your Disney Visa Rewards credit card (for discounts and earning cash back)
- Your Disney Visa Rewards gift card (to use your accumulated cash back)
- ID, medical insurance card, credit cards, cash (cash for tipping bellman, maid, valet parking)
- Gum and snacks for the plane
- Portable tech chargers and batteries
- Camera (if you have one)
- Hand Sanitizer – This has always been on our list. There are a lot of hands touching everything in Disney’s parks! We keep a couple of these in our pockets, on a lanyard, or in my camera bag to use often.
A good pair of Shoes (or 2 pair) – Get them a month or two before your trip, you don’t want to be breaking them in at Disney World. Get a pair with great support and cushioning.
Hats – To keep the sun off your forehead and face.
Modern under garments for men and women– You will do lots of walking in the parks wearing street clothes, I find that wearing a modern moisture wicking fabric under my street clothes keeps chaffing from happening. You’ll thank yourself!
Sunscreen – bottle/tube/spray/packets. Sunscreen is a must!
Disinfecting Wipes – for surfaces in your room.
Large Hand Sanitizer – To refill your personal carry ones.
Be sure to bring all of the charging chords that you’ll need from home: phones, iPads, cameras, etc.
Mini power strip for AC and USB – These are essential for today’s tech needs. Your room won’t have enough plugs for all of those chords you brought. Alternately you could bring a more traditional Power Strip.
Between charges at the room you will most likely need a boost in the parks. Bringing along an external charging device is the way to go. you could bring a Compact External Charger or Mophie case for your power needs
Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad – These cooling towels work great, especially during Florida summers! Made with hyper-evaporative material that retains water while remaining dry to the touch
Wetting the towel with water will allow it to activate quickly and cool up to 30 degrees.
Britta Filter Water Bottles – With these you’ll save on the pricey Disney water bottles. Hydration is important in the hot theme parks.
Mole Skin Padding Roll – Nothing is worse than a blister on your foot. Mole skin provides all-day pain relief for tender spots. Its self-stick adhesive holds the padding in place.
Food and Snacks
Here’s a list of items that are great to have in the room!
- Cereal Boxes/Cups – You can get milk from your Resort’s sundries shop
- Granola Bars
- Oatmeal Packets – Fix with the room microwave or coffee maker
- Cheese or Peanut Butter Crackers etc
- Fruit Snacks
- Water Flavoring
- Beef Jerkey – Ball Park Bourbon, my favorite. A great sweet flavor
- Cliff Bars – Packed with 23 vitamins and minerals, Clif Bars have the energy you need to sustain your Disney adventure
Packing food and disposable items in to your luggage might generate extra airline baggage fees. Shipping items to your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel can be a great alternative to packing those items and lugging them to the airport.
Instead of packing snacks, order them from Amazon Prime Pantry 30 Day Free Trial using this link.
See our full post on Shipping items to your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel, for a how to and ideas on other items to ship.
Essentials to Pack for in the Parks
- Hand Sanitizer
- Sun Screen
- Water Bottle
- Rain Gear
- Asperin/Advil/Tylenol – Your choice
- Extra Face Masks
That’s it for our list. What do you pack for Disney, tell us in the comments below!
If you are considering a purchase of any of these items or any other supplies for your vacation, we would greatly appreciate it if you use the links to Amazon in this post to make your purchase. It benefits the site, doesn’t cost you anything, and help us to keep providing you with useful content.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!