This Fabulous Offer Has Been Extended For 2020 at SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and their other Theme Parks.
Waves of Honor Program History
Every year since 2005 Anheuser-Busch offered their Here’s to the Heroes Salute which extends free admission to Sea World Orlando, Tampa’s Bush Gardens, or other Busch Theme Parks to Military Members and up to 3 of their dependents.
In early 2013 the name of this program was changed From the Anheuser-Busch Here’s to the Heroes to the SeaWorld Parks Waves of Honor. Though the name changed there have been no changes to the details. Anheuser-Busch hasn’t owned the theme parks since 2009. But they had kept the A-B Here’s to the Heroes name for the offer for continuity.
This is a fabulous offer that they have extended year in year out. Their caring and support for our military is greatly appreciated!
Waves of Honor Program Eligibility
The Waves of Honor Program has 2 very different eligibility categories:
- What they call Active Duty (but really mean Current Participating Military Members), this includes: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard:
- U.S. Active Duty
- U.S. Activated or Drilling Reservists
- U.S. Activated or Drilling National Guard
- Spouses of Deployed Members
- And what they call Veterans, this includes: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard:
- U.S. Military Retirees
- U.S. Veterans*
- U.S. Inactive Ready Reservists who have honorably served
*Former service members must provide proof of service (DD-214) in order to participate
Eligibility verification and ticket registration is all done online through the Waves of Honor website.
Note all status verification is done through Troop ID. Troop ID is a credential issued by ID.me that allows verified members of the military community (Active Duty, Veterans, Retirees, Military Spouses and Military Family Members) to access programs intended exclusively for members of the military community.
Spouses of Deployed Members must verify TroopID using the members information.
The discounts available depend on your eligibility category!
Waves of Honor Program Details
Current Military Members
The Current Member Program allows 1 complimentary admission per year for the member and as many as three direct dependents to:
- SeaWorld – Orlando, San Antonio, San Diego – Offer expires December 31, 2022
- Busch Gardens:
- Tampa – Offer expires December 31, 2022
- Williamsburg – Enjoy unlimited visits to Busch Gardens Williamsburg including Howl-O-Scream, Water Country USA and Christmas Town now through Jan. 2, 2023. Get tickets by October 31, 2022
- Sesame Place – Langhorn, PA – Offer expires December 31, 2022
Discounted offers are also available at:
- Discovery Cove – Orlando – discounted rates on Day Resort Admission and Signature Dolphin Swim Package
- Aquatica – Orlando – 50% off
- Water Country USA – Williamsburg – See above – Get tickets by 11 September 2022
- Christmas Town – Williamsburg –
Regularly discounted tickets are also available through military resellers (your Base Ticket Office, Shades of Green, and The Orlando ITT) if you need additional ones.
The offers made to Retirees and Veterans are
- Not as attractive
- Not available at all locations
- Vary By Location
- Come and go, so check several times per year
Current offers are:
- SeaWorld Orlando – 50% off single day tickets – Veteran +3 guests – Offer expires December 19, 2022
- SeaWorld – San Antonio – Not Currently Available
- SeaWorld – San Diego – former military personnel and up to three guests may enjoy one complimentary admission to SeaWorld San Diego. Excludes Howl-O-Scream and other separately-ticketed events. – Offer expires December 31, 2022
- Busch Gardens – Tampa – Not Currently Available
- Busch Gardens – Williamsburg – Veterans can get up to six discounted tickets to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA.
- Sesame Place – 50% off single-day admission tickets for qualified veterans. – Offer available through December 31, 2022
- Discovery Cove – discounted rates on Day Resort Admission and Signature Dolphin Swim Package (limit of 4) – Offer expires December 31, 2022
- Aquatica – 50% off single day tickets – Veteran +3 – Offer expires December 31, 2022
How to Get These Offers
You’ll need to go to the main Waves of Honor Site and once there click on the location where you would like to use your discount. There are links for Active discounts at all locations and veteran discounts at the ones that offer them.
Once on the location’s site click on the Troop ID icon. You’ll need to register if you haven’t before, or just sign in. Then if eligible, you’ll be redirected to the page where you may request or purchase your desired tickets.
The Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World is a 15-45 minute drive away depending on traffic. A reasonably priced deluxe resort owned and operated by Army MWR exclusively for military members. Room rates based upon rank.
Regular Military Tickets
Base Ticket Offices, Shades of Green, and the Orlando ITT also sell regular military discounted tickets to SeaWorld Parks!
These can be used if you need more than the allotted amount of Free/Highly Discounted tickets, or there is no current veteran’s offer at your destination (current, valid military ID required).
Over to you. Have you used the Waves of honor program or are you going to? Let us know in the comment section below, and be sure to say thanks to SeaWorld Parks!
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!