This Fabulous Offer Has Been Extended For 2019 at SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and their other Theme Parks.
Waves of Honor Program History
Every year since 2005 Anheuser-Busch offered their Here’s to the Heroes Salute which extends free admission to Sea World Orlando, Tampa’s Bush Gardens, or other Busch Theme Parks to Military Members and up to 3 of their dependents.
In early 2013 the name of this program was changed From the Anheuser-Busch Here’s to the Heroes to the SeaWorld Parks Waves of Honor. Thought the name changed there have been no changes to the details. Anheuser-Busch hasn’t owned the theme parks since 2009. But they had kept the A-B Here’s to the Heroes name for the offer for continuity.
This is a fabulous offer that they have extended year in year out. Their caring and support for our military is greatly appreciated!
Waves of Honor Program Eligibility
The Waves of Honor Program has 2 very different eligibility categories:
- What they call Active Duty (but really mean Current Participating Military Members), this includes: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard:
- U.S. Active Duty
- U.S. Activated or Drilling Reservists
- U.S. Activated or Drilling National Guard
- Spouses of Deployed Members
- And what they call Veterans, this includes: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard:
- U.S. Military Retirees
- U.S. Veterans*
- U.S. Inactive Ready Reservists who have honorably served
*Former service members must provide proof of service (DD-214) in order to participate
Eligibility verification and ticket registration is all done online through the Waves of Honor website.
Note all status verification is done through Troop ID. Troop ID is a credential issued by ID.me that allows verified members of the military community (Active Duty, Veterans, Retirees, Military Spouses and Military Family Members) to access programs intended exclusively for members of the military community.
Spouses of Deployed Members must verify TroopID using the members information.
The discounts available depend on your eligibility category!
Waves of Honor Program Details
Current Military Members
The Current Member Program allows 1 complimentary admission per year for the member and as many as three direct dependents to:
- SeaWorld – Orlando, San Antonio, San Diego – Offer expires December 31, 2019
- Busch Gardens:
- Tampa – Offer expires December 31, 2019
- Williamsburg – Offer expires October 27, 2019
- Sesame Place – Langhorn, PA
Discounted offers are also available at:
- Discovery Cove – Orlando – 5 to 20% off
- Aquatica – Orlando – 50% off
- Discounted Pass to Water Country USA & Christmas Town – Williamsburg
Regularly discounted tickets are also available through military resellers (your Base Ticket Office, Shades of Green, and The Orlando ITT) if you need additional ones.
The offers made to Retirees and Veterans are
- Not as attractive
- Not available at all locations
- Vary By Location
- Come and go, so check several times per year
Current offers are:
- SeaWorld Orlando – 50% off single day tickets – Veteran +3 – Offer expires December 20, 2019
- SeaWorld – San Antonio – Free single day tickets – Veteran +3 – Offer expires July 31, 2019
- SeaWorld – San Diego – Free single day tickets – Veteran +3 – Offer expires November 11, 2019
- Busch Gardens – Williamsburg – up to 6 discounted tickets to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA
- 1-Day Ticket – Water Country USA – $29.99 each – Offer ends September 8, 2019
- 1-Day Ticket – Busch Gardens Williamsburg – $54.99 each – Offer ends October 27, 2019
- 3-Day Ticket – Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA – $89.99 each – Offer ends October 27, 2019 for
- 1-Day Ticket – Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Williamsburg – Price TBA – Offer ends January 5, 2020 for
- Sesame Place – 50% off up to 6 tickets – Offer expires January 1, 2020
- Discovery Cove – Discounted admission and Signature Dolphin Swim Package – Veteran +3 – Offer expires December 31, 2019
- Aquatica – 50% off single day tickets – Veteran +3 – Offer expires December 20, 2019
How to Get These Offers
You’ll need to go to the main Waves of Honor Site and once there click on the location where you would like to use your discount. There are links for Active discounts at all locations and veteran discounts at the ones that offer them.
Once on the location’s site click on the Troop ID icon. You’ll need to register if you haven’t before, or just sign in. Then if eligible, you’ll be redirected to the page where you may request or purchase your desired tickets.
The Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World is a 15-45 minute drive away depending on traffic. A reasonably priced deluxe resort owned and operated by Army MWR exclusively for military members. Room rates based upon rank.
Regular Military Tickets
Base Ticket Offices, Shades of Green, and the Orlando ITT also sell regular military discounted tickets to SeaWorld Parks!
These can be used if you need more than the allotted amount of Free/Highly Discounted tickets, or there is no current veteran’s offer at your destination (current, valid military ID required).
Over to you. Have you used the Waves of honor program or are you going to? Let us know in the comment section below, and be sure to say thanks to SeaWorld Parks!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See our:
Learn about the Disney Armed Forces Salute the best military discount that there is for Disney. For where to stay see our Resorts/Hotel Overview Page. Disney doesn’t discount dining for the military, but there are a few places on property that do, see the Dining Overview Page to learn where plus more dining info. You can also learn about Transportation Options. Be sure to check out our Technology Overview to learn about Magic Bands and My Disney Experience to see how they work with military tickets. Walt Disney World visitors might be interested in staying at Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort.