- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
- News On Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Sales
- Shades of Green Won't Reopen Until 12 August
- 2020 Disney World Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Extension Update
- Disney Extending Expiration Dates on Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets!
- Walt Disney World Re-Opening Military FAQ
I recently stayed in one of the newly remodeled Standard Guest Rooms in Shades of Green’s Palm Wing.
I know lots of people are curious about the renovated rooms, so I though I’d give you a look.
Fresh New Look
The renovation included all items in the main area of the guest rooms. Nothing was done in the vanity/bath areas.
As I stepped into the room it had a brand new room smell, clean and a little like new carpet.
I immediately noticed the vinyl simulated wood flooring in the entryway, which tied in nicely with the new brown carpet.
Gone were the four sconces which flanked the beds, to be replaced with a new table lamp. All the lighting has been redone, with the addition of a new ceiling lamp over the small table, another table lamp, and a new standing lamp.
New chairs with plasticky seats have been added to the small table seating area. These proved hot to sit on after coming in from the Florida heat!
New photos adorn the walls, both color and black and white of green plants (you can tell the B&W ones are of greenery…).
Not Everything Changed
Things which haven’t changed are the bedding, night stand, and dresser with all that goes with it (TV, Fridge, Coffee Service). Also the short, uncomfortable fold down couch/single bed remains. See this linked page at the bottom to see the couch in action.
You’ll have the same great view of the resort or Palm Golf Course.
As I mentioned above, nothing was done to the Bathroom and vanity area. The tile is looking worn and the tub water valve was in serious need of cosmetic repair (the trim had separated from the wall, exposing the plumbing and opening the wall to water intrusion).
Overall a super renovation of the Palm Wing guest rooms! The best part is the new carpet and flooring.
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
See all the current Shades of Green Discounts and Packages
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages.Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Links to Everything Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!