Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- 2021 Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Ticket Announcement
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
Recently Shades of Green, the Military Resort on Walt Disney World property installed a new security gate on the walkway from the resort to off property locations.
Many Shades of Green guests use this walkway to go to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort or the Transportation and Ticket Center.
This follows a recent change to Shades of Green Bus Security, where not only do Shades guests need to show Military or Resort (for sponsorees) IDs when boarding, but also need to show IDs again at the resort entrance guard shack.
How it Works
Now when leaving Shades of Green via the walkway as you come even with the guard shack you’ll see the gate across the path. Just push the button to open the gate and continue your walk.
When returning you’ll need to get the security guard to come out of the shack and walk over to the path to check your ID and let you through the gate.
Kudos to Shades for trying to improve security, but I’m not sure why they think the dual ID check on the bus is warranted. Were the drivers allowing non-guests to ride?
The gate guard was always supposed to check IDs of those entering via the walkway, but I guess they weren’t very often (about 20% of the time for me personally). The gate forces them to.
One other thing is that Shades of Green shares the driveway and walkway with the non-military, general public Disney Golf Courses, so anyone is allowed to enter during the Golf Club operating hours. But the gate will be helpful at night.
But all of this is really pointless as long as Shades of Green and the Palm and Magnolia Golf Courses share an entrance!
What say you? Let us know in the comment section below.
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!