Shades of Green Resort the Armed Forces Recreation Center at Walt Disney World provides Free WiFi to their resort guests.
However the service isn’t that great!
In room WiFi speeds are very low. This could impact your ability to:
- Make Disney Genie+ Reservations
- Make Individual Lightning Lane Purchases
- Sign Up for Virtual Queues
When trying to make that important reservation at 7 a.m. is not the time to find out that you have unusable service!
What To Do?
It is important to note that the more devices attempting to use an individual WiFi node/system they lower the throughput for everyone.
If you have time prior (preferably the evening before) do some speed tests of the the Shades of Green WiFi and your cellular service in several locations.
First try your room, then the lobby area. Try these on WiFi and cellular.
Then try outdoor areas on cellular:
- Out the nearest exit to your room
- Walk a bit away from the building
- The Front Parking Lot
- The Top Level of the Parking Garage
Try to find where you have the best speed. Anything at or above 50 Mbps should be good for making reservations.
Note, this will probably be the parking lot…
This will be your spot for making Genie+ Reservations.
Your Intel Reports
MDT thrives on reader intel!!!
Please report back in the comment section below your experiences with Shades of Green WiFi and cellular service there. And if you have any issues or great luck with your reservations!
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Why Stay at Shades of Green?
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- How to make reservations at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Resort Activities and Amenities
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
- Shades of Green Fact Sheet and FAQ
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!