Special Info for these Crazy Times:
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened See these Posts to see what's different!
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Military Families can now enjoy the magic of Walt Disney World vacations with the help of the Military Star card.
The Military Star card can be used for your room charges, purchases in the AAFES Store, at the Shades of Green Ticket Office for purchasing tickets for Disney and Orlando attractions through Shades of Green, and for special events and weddings as well.
Note (Oct 2018): I’ve had reports that there are issues with the Shades Restaurants not accepting the Star Card.
This is a huge development for those who have (or will get) the Star Card. Being able to put your Disney tickets on the card and also your room to if staying at Shades of Green is awesome!
Tip: New Star Card account holders receive a 10 percent discount on their first-day’s purchases with their new Military Star Card and this applies at Shades of Green. So if you don’t have a Star Card you could save that 10% if you use it to pay for all your Shades purchases at check out (and not prior). For more info on the Star Card go to https://bit.ly/2JM6uSN.
To learn more about Shades of Green, see our Shades of Green overview Page.
About Military Star: The Military Star credit card program offers affordable and responsible credit solutions to the military community. The Army & Air Force Exchange Service operates the Military Star program on behalf of the military resale community.
About the Exchange: Since 1895, the Army & Air Force Exchange Service (Exchange) has gone where Soldiers, Airmen and their families go to improve the quality of their lives by providing valued goods and services at exclusive military pricing. The Exchange is the 56th-largest retailer in the United States. Its earnings provided $2.4 billion in dividends to support military morale, welfare and recreation programs over the last 10 years. The Exchange is a non-appropriated fund entity of the Department of Defense and is directed by a Board of Directors.
What do you think about using the Military Star Card at Shades of Green? Share in the comments section below.
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!