The Golden Oak Outpost is a quick-service restaurant located in Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
The restaurant features a menu of classic American comfort food items, but they are usually very unique for Magic Kingdom.
Golden Oak Outpost is a quiet winner in the Magic Kingdom for quick snacks. It is never on anyone’s radar and almost never has a line.
The menu changes every so often, and in addition to classic staples will include something you might not expect. Some popular menu items at the Golden Oak Outpost include:
- Chicken Breast Nuggets: These crispy, breaded chicken nuggets are a popular choice among guests because somehow Disney nuggets are more delicious than other nuggets. It’s the magic of Disney.
- Buffalo Chicken Tamales: It’s got a slight kick, but more so it’s the perfect savory snack you need to help round out all of the treats around the Magic Kingdom.
- Chili Cheese Fries: This isn’t just any chili, either. This chili is actually made from Walt Disney’s favorite chili recipe.
- Churros: These sweet, cinnamon-sugar coated treats are a favorite among Disney park-goers and can be found at the Golden Oak Outpost.
- Slushies: Unlike the brightly colored crazy sweet slushies from around the park, the Golden Oak Outpost has Lemonade and Sweet Tea slushies which are refreshingly cold and balanced.
In addition to the food menu, the Golden Oak Outpost also offers a variety of beverages, including soft drinks, water, and coffee.
The restaurant is open daily during park hours and is a great option for those looking for a quick and convenient meal while exploring Frontierland. The Golden Oak Outpost also features outdoor seating with views of the surrounding area.
PRO-TIP: Did you know that the parade enters the park in Frontierland? The gate for the parade is between Golden Oak Outpost and the former Splash Mountain, soon to be Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. This makes Golden Oak Outpost a great spot to snag a snack before sitting to watch the parade just as it enters the park!See all our Theme Park Pages:
- Disney World Theme Park Overview
- Magic Kingdom
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disney's Animal Kingdom
Have comments or questions, be sure to leave them in the Comment Section Below!
This MDT Post By: Erin Schreiver
Erin is a MilSpouse who loves going to Walt Disney World with her family, pin trading, and collecting Minnie ears and coffee mugs! Check out her bio.
Subscribe to the MDT email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!