Special Info for these Crazy Times:
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
- Walt Disney World Starting to Discount 2021
- Will There Be a 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discount? When Will Disney Announce a 2021 Salute Room Discount?
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Did you know that you can check in for your flight and check your bags at Walt Disney World Resorts for your flight back home?
This great free service is so easy and convenient!
(Updated November 2018)
How It Works
This complimentary service lets you check in for your return flight, get your paper boarding pass and, check your luggage at Disney’s Airline Check-In desk located near your Resort’s lobby.
This is great because it allows you to check your bags and then do anything that you’d like (dining, shopping, theme park, etc.) until you have to head to the airport. this is opposed to sitting with your bags in the lobby.
You’ll have to keep any carryon luggage that you might have though. But the bell hop staff will be glad to check that for you!
Then when you arrive at the airport (probably via Disney’s Magical Express) you can just head to your departure gate.
- You must present a valid government-issued I.D. for domestic travel or a valid passport for international travel.
- You must check in no later than 3 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure. (Flight delays do not extend this check in time.)
- All members of your party must be present at check-in.
Resort Airline Check-In is open 7 days per week from 5:00 AM to 12:00 noon.
When checking in the process is just like at the airline counter at the airport.
Your ID(s) will be checked, destination confirmed, boarding pass issued, bags weighed, baggage fee collected, and luggage tracking bands/stickers affixed.
Then your bag(s) will be put into a temporary storeroom adjacent to the check in stand. Where they will be placed in lockable rolling containers to await the next truck heading to the airport. When the truck arrives the driver loads the container on a hydraulic lift on the back of the truck and then your bag(s) will be on the way to the airport.
I have to relate a slightly uncomfortable experience. When I’ve used this service at the Disney Deluxe Resorts (this does not happen at the Moderates and Values).
As the cast member finishes up your transaction, another cast member will come to stand by the first and just wait there. Once the first finishes he’ll gesture to the second and say “This is [insert first name], he is going to be the one taking care of your bag(s).” Then there will be an uncomfortable silent pause, where you are expected to offer a tip for the named cast member, who in actuality will only move your bag(s) about 10 feet and place it in the transport container.
With this charade they imply that the new cast member will see your bag all the way to the airport ramp where it would then be loaded into the airplane vs. just moving it the 10 feet. As noted this does not happen at the other levels of Disney Resorts, just the Deluxes (apparently the tipping isn’t as good or the guests less gullible at the Moderates and Values).
All flights must be departing from Orlando International Airport on one of the following airlines:
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines (U.S. Domestic Flights Only)
- JetBlue Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
Participating Resort hotels include:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Over to you. Have you used this awesome service? Tell us about your experience in the comments section below!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!