Special Info for these Crazy Times:
- Walt Disney World Starting to Discount 2021
- Will There Be a 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discount? When Will Disney Announce a 2021 Salute Room Discount?
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Shades of Green Re-Open at Walt Disney World
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
Every day at Walt Disney World the Magic Kingdom holds a Flag Retreat Ceremony to honor our nation and those who defend it.
It takes place at 5:00 PM in Main Street USA’s Square at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. Walt Disney World Security and a special guest conduct the ceremony.
This is a great ceremony! I try to attend whenever I can. I’ve probably seen it 15 times!
There’s music, singing, the pledge lead by randomly selected kids, the National Anthem, the Service Anthems, and the retreat itself. AWESOME!
Occasionally WDW alters the time of the Retreat Ceramony (by 15 to 30 minutes) due to other goings on. If you intend to view this wonderful ceremony be sure to check in Town Hall for the correct time the day you visit.
Note in these pics, the guesst of honor was the son of a Disney cast member who had recently returned from deployment.
Each day Magic Kingdom Entertainment selects a Veteran at random to participate in the ceremony.
The ceremony is a wonderful experience! For the person selected, they receive a certificate, a photo taken at the event, and a pin. It is well worth it to take the time out of your day to watch!
In the past it was possible to volunteer to participate in the retreat, but that is no longer possible.
The Guest of Honor receives a certificate, a photo taken at the event, and a pin.
Here is a Video I Shot of the Ceremony
The ceremony is a wonderful experience! It is well worth it to take the time out of your day to watch!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!