News for 2021 & 2022:
- No 2022 WDW Disney Armed Forces Salute So Far
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- What to Expect on the Day Disney Announces the WDW 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
While any day at Walt Disney World is better than a day anywhere else, there are times when WDW is even more awesome than others.
For my wife and myself, one best of the best times is during the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Here’s what makes it such a tasty time to visit:
- Great timing: The festival runs through much of the fall, when both crowds and temperatures are much more tolerable.
- Wide selection: About 35 food and wine booths from as many countries. Each offers tapas-sized foods representative of their country as well as small-pour beer, wine and drink tasters.
- Reasonable prices: Prices run from a few dollars to $10 or so — occasionally more for very special items. Epcot admission is still required, but there is no extra cost for the festival.
- Appetizing entertainment: Food and wine demos are offered up daily by celebrity chefs, plus there are concerts from a variety of throwback bands, each performing for just a few days to keep things fresh.
The Food and Wine Fest runs for about two and a half months, from September to November each year. For 2017, the dates are 31 August to 13 November. It is held in Epcot’s World Showcase, with booths set up in the path around the lagoon.
2021 Dates for the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival are 15 July through 20 November 2021.
We prefer to go during the first two weeks of November, for the great temperatures. It can sometimes still be very hot in central Florida in October.
I think Epcot is the perfect spot for this event where military families are concerned, as many of the countries represented in the World Showcase are places that we have been stationed or visited.
Last year I went to the Food and Wine Fest with several buddies that I’d been stationed with. My favorite memory from that trip is the eight of us sitting around two tables in the Germany Pavilion’s Platz, eating brats, drinking German beer and telling flying stories.
I highly recommend that you try the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival if the timing works with your leave/vacation schedule.
Be sure to use your Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket and room discounts!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!