If you have ever been anywhere in Walt Disney World then you have surely seen the name Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company, but what’s the deal?
Starbucks is the most iconic coffee brand company in the world and every park in Walt Disney World has a Starbucks, Disney Springs actually has 2!
It is actually admirable that while Starbucks has taken the world by storm in the coffee market in the last 20 years, Disney actually has chosen to have the stronger partnership with Joffrey’s, a small business out of Tampa, Florida, to do most of their business with.
Yes, we did just say that Disney has a Starbucks location in every park, but that is because Disney is not dumb. Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company first opened in Walt Disney World in 1995, but the first Starbucks opened in Disney 15 years later in 2012. They know that people recognize Starbucks and are comfortable with it, but it’s obvious that Disney favors their relationship with Joffrey’s over Starbucks.
3 Signs That Disney Favors Joffrey’s Coffee over Starbucks
1. Location, Location, Location
While there is a Starbucks location in every park, there are MULTIPLE Joffrey’s locations in every park in Walt Disney World. Emphasis on the multiple, here. Not to mention, many of the quick service locations will also feature Joffrey’s drip coffee and cold brew.
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company at the Transportation and Ticket Center
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company in Tomorrow Land
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company at EPCOT
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company between Canada and UK
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company in Showcase Plaza
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company in the American Adventure
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company in World Discovery
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company in Asia
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company at Tower of Terror
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company in Pixar Place
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea at the Landing
- Joffrey’s Handcrafted Smoothies at Disney Springs Marketplace
You won’t ever stumble upon a Mickey Mouse latte or some other licensed drink at Starbucks, but Joffrey’s can make your daily pick me up Disneyfied! At the Disney Springs locations you can actually get a Disney character in your coffee art! Using a special machine, Joffrey’s can actually print a character of your choice in your coffee foam.
You can even use their app to upload a picture of YOU to have your face printed on your coffee. Cool, but a little weird for us, so we’ll stick with Mickey.
3. Unique Specialty Coffee
If you go to any Deluxe Disney Resort you may notice that all of their coffee is unique. This is because Joffrey’s actually roasts unique specialty coffees just for Disney. Each of the resort’s roasts are just slightly different.
Of course, if you want to take a little Disney home with you, Joffrey’s has packaged each of these unique resort roasts and sells them in the hotel gift shops!
If you love Joffrey’s coffee and are sick with the Disney blues, go on down to your local Marshalls or TJ Maxx. They often have the last season’s Disney coffees available at a steal! Plus, they always have Mickey illustrations on the bag. What a way to start the day!
The Disney Company took a stand with a small business in 2013 by making Joffrey’s the official to-go coffee partner for Walt Disney World. At Military Disney Tips we love to see a small business flourish. Tell us in the comments what you think about Joffrey’s coffee at Disney!
Have comments or questions, be sure to leave them in the Comment Section Below!
This MDT Post By: Erin Schreiver
Erin is a MilSpouse who loves going to Walt Disney World with her family, pin trading, and collecting Minnie ears and coffee mugs! Check out her bio.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!