News for 2021 & 2022:
- Shades of Green Guests Eligible for Disney World Early Entry & Extended Evening Hours
- Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World Resumes Discounts for 2022
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Sleep in the African Savannah – In Luxury.
One of my favorite places to stay when I visit Walt Disney World near Orlando Florida, is their Animal Kingdom Lodge. My wife and I first stayed there to reunite after a prolonged separation. We made great memories there and it holds a special place in our hearts.
Most rooms in the resort have sliding doors and balconies that overlook the “savannah” where many species of African animals live. You’ll pay more for these rooms, than say a pool or parking lot view, but it is well worth it and you can use Disney’s Armed Forces Salute with up to a 40 percent discount on rooms at this resort!
Imagine waking up in the morning, opening your room curtains to see a plethora of animals grazing just outside your window. Or coming in from the theme parks at the end of the day to watch giraffes sleeping just a few yards away. We spent plenty of time sitting on that balcony watching the animals.
But that’s not all that is available for you to do at the Lodge there are daytime tours and educational animal viewings and our favorite, the nighttime animal viewing through NVGs!
There are several great restaurants in the Lodge, from a grab and go option, to buffets, and even fine dining. We had one of our best Disney World meals ever at Jiko, the fine dining option at the Lodge.
You can also spend lots time looking at all of the painstakingly duplicated African architecture, which is reminiscent of African hunting lodges. But don’t forget to head to the theme parks, perhaps Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park to use your Disney Armed Forces Salute discount tickets!
I recommend using an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner (travel agent)! Doing so can take the stress out of planning a Walt Disney World or Disneyland vacation, which can be a complicated and overwhelming task.
You have probably seen elsewhere on the site that I recommend Ears of Experience as my preferred Authorized Disney Vacation Planners. They will do all the work for you and you’ll pay the same price as if you did it yourself.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!