- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
- News On Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Sales
- Shades of Green Won't Reopen Until 12 August
- 2020 Disney World Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Extension Update
- Disney Extending Expiration Dates on Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets!
- Walt Disney World Re-Opening Military FAQ
Disney just announced changes to their smoking policy as well as other changes.
Effective 1 may 2019 smoking areas will no longer be present inside Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks, water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex or Downtown Disney in California. This includes e-cigarettes, and all other items that produce smoke.
Designated smoking areas will be available outside the entrances to the areas listed above, and at Disney Springs in Florida.
Starting in May you will have to leave the Theme Park or Dining/Entertainment area to smoke.
Also beginning 1 May strollers must be smaller. Disney has reduced the width of strollers they will allow in the parks by 5 inches. Starting at that time strollers must be 31″ wide by 52″ long or smaller. Disney says “…many of the strollers on the market, including many double jogging strollers, fit within these size guidelines.”
Also Wagon Strollers will no longer be permitted!
“These updates are designed to help guest flow and ease congestion, making the parks more enjoyable for everyone.”
Effective immediately Loose liquid ice and dry ice are prohibited. Reusable cooler packs are allowed though.
This is obviously to aid security personnel with their bag searches. Disney does allow guests to bring coolers in the parks, but they nust be searched and i imagine sticking you hand down into lots of ice in a cooler to ensure nothing is hidden underneath in no fun and the super cold temperature of dry ice is dangerous.
Other Prohibited Items
See our Disney Security Introduction to find out what else is prohibited in Disney’s Parks.
That’s it on the changes. What do you think about them? Give us your opinion in the comments section below.
I for one am glad for the smoking change.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!