News for 2021 & 2022:
- Shades of Green Guests Eligible for Disney World Early Entry & Extended Evening Hours
- Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World Resumes Discounts for 2022
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Here’s to the Heroes ia a fantastic initiative with which Disney committed to hiring 2,300 veterans (so far).
beginning with their initial job fairs Disney first committed to hiring 1,000 vets, but within a year had hired over 1,300. At the one year anniversary of the initiative they committed to hiring another 1,000!
Just this week Disney in typical fashion, took it to the next level, they’re going to host a seminar for small to mid-sized businesses to share what they’ve learned and pass it on to smaller companies.
Building on its successful Heroes Work Here initiative to hire, train and support military veterans, Disney will host a free Veterans Institute workshop at Walt Disney World Resort on Thursday, Nov. 14, 2013, to inspire other companies to employ servicemen and women transitioning to the private sector.
Highlights of the Veterans Institute workshop will include: an inside look at Heroes Work Here; renowned keynote speakers, panelists, Disney on-air talent and personalities; customized Disney Institute courses; advice and insights from experts and elite veterans support organizations; and stories from veterans about their own transition to the civilian workforce.
“We’re incredibly proud of the veterans who work at Disney, and we fully recognize the value, experience and skills they bring to our company,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company. “Our Heroes Work Here program not only helps us find and hire highly qualified veterans, it also supports veterans and their families as they transition out of the military. We’re happy to share what we’ve learned with other organizations so that more of these modern-day heroes have the tools and opportunities to build meaningful careers in the private sector.”
Featured speakers and presenters who are currently scheduled to appear include:
- Robert A. Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company
- Rosye Cloud, Senior Advisor on Veteran Employment, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Susan S. Kelley, Director, Transition to Veteran Program Office, Department of Defense
- Rich Morales, Colonel, U.S. Army and Executive Director, Joining Forces
- Teresa Gerton, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Department of Labor
I greatly look forward to covering the event to bring you all the information and some stories from the day.
If you own a business, please click here to learn more and reserve space at the complimentary Veterans Institute.