Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- 2021 Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Ticket Announcement
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
The Armed Forces Vacation Club (sometimes shortened to just AFVC) is another great benefit of being in the U.S. military! Great discounts are available on condo rentals worldwide at very reasonable rates for military members.
Seven night resort condo vacation rentals, many in the Orlando Florida area, are available from $359.00, that works out to just over 50 Dollars per night!
All Images Courtesy AFVC
There are many offerings in and around the Orlando/Kissimmee area, within a short driving distance to the Walt Disney World Resort.
If you are planning on a week-long stay at Disney World or in the Orlando area and really want to save on your room this is the way to go. As long as you have transportation (a Rental Car or your own car) and you won’t miss the Disney theming in and around your resort you’ll save a bunch.
The Armed Forces Vacation Club offers space available rentals to DoD and affiliated personnel.
Condos sleep from 2 to 6 normally, sometimes more. Offerings include one or two bedrooms with full or partial kitchens. These vacation condos are located in very nice resorts with pools.
You’ll save even more preparing your own meals, or at lest some of them, in the kitchens!
You can search listings on their web page and view all the specifics of each resort. I’ve not used this service but I do know people at my Squadron who have and they’ve been very satisfied and gone back for multiple trips.
To search AFVC for Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld:
Use the search box in the middle of the page.
- Click United States in the Select Destinations box. The box will expand
- Click Florida. The box will expand
- Check Orlando – Kissimmee Area
You will then see Resorts listed by name on the left of the page and as pins on a map at the right. On the left you can see the starting rate for each resort.
At the top of the page you can change your location, select travel dates, and filter by options.
Options to filter by are:
- Exclude Resorts with a mandatory fee
- Number of Guests
- Other Options (elevator, pets, wheelchair accessible, kitchen options, etc.)
- Resort Activities (beach, boating, entertainment, fishing, golf, tennis, etc.)
- Resort Amenities (Fitness center, grocery/shopping, hot tub, laundry facility, onsite restaurant, spa, swimming pool)
- Trip Advisor Rating
You can also sort the list of resorts on the left by:
- Top Picks
- Price (up or down)
- Trip Advisor Rating
- By Name
I like to filter by the options that matter to me and then start looking at locations on the map.
You will see a lot of offerings near Walt Disney World, especially to the southeast and southwest, and some to the east in Lake Buena Vista.
Pickings are slimmer for Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld, there are a few located between Disney and the Universal/SeaWorld area.
Start checking resorts and prices. If it matters to you you can search for the resort on google to see the regular rates and perhaps more information.
- Members of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependent (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy; active duty and both active and inactive reserve and National Guard)
- Foreign exchange service members on permanent duty with the DoD
- Retired Members of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependent (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy)
- Civilian employees of the DoD (appropriated, non-appropriated, or retired) or an adult dependent
- American Red Cross personnel serving overseas with the U.S. military
- DoD Dependant School teacher or an adult dependent
- Disabled American Veteran @ 100% with 2765 ID Card
AFVC has a military contingency clause, “In the event of a military contingency, you may be eligible for a full refund of your reservation fee.”
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discount
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Shades of Green Military Resort at Walt Disney World
- Disney Springs Resorts Military Discounts
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!