Walt Disney World’s Coronado Springs Resort is the newest Moderate and is the only one in this category which has convention facilities.
Due to this the clientele tends to be weighted more towards the adult side of the age spectrum and the atmosphere a little more laid back.
Club Level rooms with a club lounge and other upgrades are offered at the Coronado.
The theme at the Coronado is Southwestern, with four different themed groups of buildings. The new San Destino Tower, Casitas is modeled after a Southwestern urban area, Rancheros, which are themed on Southwest cattle ranches, and Cabanas, which represent Mexican coastal villages.
In 2019 a new 15-story tower adjacent to the resort’s old main building was added. This became the new main building and added 500 rooms, including suites and concierge-level services.
The new tower features rooftop dining with panoramic views of nighttime fireworks from Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The Coronado has a wide variety of room types to choose from.
- Standard View: $260 – $470 – With 2 Queen Beds. Views of Courtyard or Parking Area.
- Water View: $310 – $520 – With 2 Queen Beds. Views of Pool or Lake.
- King Bed: $352 – $525 – With 1 King Bed. Views of Courtyard or Parking Area.
- Preferred Room: $353 – $532 – With 2 Queen Beds. Views of Lake, Courtyard or Parking Area.
- Preferred Room – King bed: – $359 – $539 – With 1 King Bed. Views of Lake, Courtyard or Parking Area.
- Tower – Standard View: $316 – $638 – With 2 Queen Beds. Views of Courtyard, Landscaping or Parking Areas.
- Water View – King: $367 – $587 – With 1 King Bed. Views of Pool or Lake.
- Tower – Water View: $368 – $645 – With 2 Queen Beds. Views of Water.
- Tower – Standard View – King Bed: $404 – $645 – With 1 King Bed. Views of Courtyard, Landscaping or Parking Areas.
- Tower – Water View – King Bed: $431 – $664 – With 1 King Bed. Views of Pool or Lake.
- Tower – Standard View – Club Access: $448 – $1035 – With 2 Queen Beds. Views of Courtyard, Landscaping or Parking Areas.
- Tower – Deluxe Suite: $702 – $1403 – With 1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa. Views of Lake, Courtyard or Parking Areas.
- Casitas – 1 Bedroom Suite: $1076 – $1659 – With 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa. Views of Courtyard.
- 1 Bedroom Suite – King: $1092 – $1665 – With 1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa. Views of Garden or Lake.
- Tower – One Bedroom Suite – Club Access: $1292 – $1989 – With 1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa. Views of Courtyard, Landscaping or Parking Areas.
- Casitas – Executive Suite: $1531 – $2385 – With 1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa. Views of Courtyard.
- Tower – Presidential Suite – Club Access: $1810 – $3734 – With 1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds. Views of Courtyard, Landscaping or Parking Areas.
Listed nightly prices are for 2024 and include sales tax and are rounded to the nearest dollar. They do not factor in any military discount as these are based on availability. Prices listed subject to change by Disney.
Disney Moderate rooms are somewhat larger that the Value rooms (on average 315 square feet compared to 260).
Standard rooms offer 2 double beds, which sleep four. A crib may be requested for children under 3 years old. All the All-Stars have now completed a multi-year remodel, which had its good and bad points.
Features include a table and two chairs, dresser, TV, coffee maker and small fridge, ironing board and dryer, small safe, and hair dryer. Ample plugs and USB charging ports are available.
The bathroom proper is off of the single sink vanity area and separated by a door. The vanity area has a curtain to keep light from the vanity area beaming those still trying to sleep.
Disney Moderate Resort
|Military Discounts of up to 35% off are available at Disney Moderate Resorts. Military Members are eligible to receive this discount using the Disney Armed Forces Salute|
Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood – D $$$ – Table Service – Dine on tapas, seafood and steak in style at this Spanish haven inspired by surrealist art and the 1930s avant-garde.
Maya Grille – D $$ – Table Service – Southwestern cuisine is featured here, with offerings like San Antonio Fajitas Skillet, Chicken Enchiladas, Shrimp Tacos, and a Vegetarian Skillet.
El Mercado De Coronado Food Court – BLD $ – Quick Service – Pepper Market is an oddity on Disney property, while it is a quick service restaurant food wise, the wait staff will bring and refill your beverages. Sandwiches, burgers, nachos, and flatbread pizzas are offered.
Café Rix – BLD $ – Quick Service – Grab and Go items. Sandwiches, salads, fruit.
Three Bridges Bar & Grill – Enjoy shareable bites, as well as savory entrees—the menu is filled with distinctive takes on familiar favorites. Located in the middle of the resort’s lake.
Barcelona Lounge – Offers espresso drinks, pastries and light fare, as well as cocktails, Spanish and California wines and American craft beers at this hybrid bakery-bar inspired by Spain’s coffee and gin culture.
Dahlia Lounge – This rooftop bar offers great views od nightly fireworks shows around property and a full bar.
Rix Lounge is the main bar off the lobby
Siestas Cantina Pool Bar and Laguna Bar are the outdoor bars
|This Disney Resort Hotel is a Military Disney Tips Tested Resort!|
The Coronado Springs Resort lacks “the Disney Feel” due to its convention atmosphere. We’ve stayed here many times over the years, but typically when it’s the only Disney Armed Forces Salute discount available for our dates.
Main Pool with Water Slide and Hot Tub – Worship the sun at an awesome aquatic area built around a 50-foot replica of a Mayan pyramid. Watch water stream down the steps of the massive stone structure into the Lost City of Cibola pool or plunge headlong into it on the spitting Jaguar Slide. This complex, known as the Dig Site Pool, is also home to the largest outdoor hot tub at Walt Disney World Resort, with room for 22 people!
Three Quiet Pools – One located at each settlement—the Casitas, Ranchos and Cabanas—provide Mayan civilization.
Playground with “Dig Site” – Kids can climb, slide and play on an archaeologically themed playground near the Dig Site complex.
Movies Under the Stars – Watch some of your favorite Disney films outside in the fresh evening air near the Lost City of Cibola pool.
Coronado Springs Campfire Activities – Gather ‘round as the sun goes down for old-fashioned family fun as you roast marshmallows by a crackling fire.
Arcade – Iguana Arcade for video games, air hockey, pinball and more, visit this arcade beside the Dig Site pool complex.
Jogging Trail – 0.9 miles along the scenic trail that loops around 22-acre Lago Dorado.
Guest Laundry – A 24-hour self-service laundry room is adjacent to each of the 3 quiet village pools.
Fitness Center – Revitalize your spirits at La Vida Health Club—a full-service facility featuring exercise equipment, massages and more.
Business Center – Fax, print, ship and more at the Business Center inside Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Convention Center. The Business Center also provides a full range of office services and supplies.
An Animal Kingdom Area Resort
Bus transportation is available to all Disney World guest areas. There are 4 bus stops located at the tower and at each area.
Overnight Parking is free at the Disney World Moderates.
The Coronado is located closer to the Animal Kingdom than most Disney resorts and also is the very first resort you will come to if you are driving in the rear Disney World entrance from SR-429 via Western Way.
The Coronado is a very diverse resort, with very unique, spread out lodging areas. There is the new Destino Tower with new dining and lounge options, the 3 story Casitas area with a large portion of it near the convention center and all the original dining and lounges, and then the 2 story Ranchos and Cabanas.Related Posts:
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Disney Resorts Tested by MDT
- How do Disney Moderate Resorts Compare to Shades of Green?
- How do Disney Resorts compare to Shades of Green in price?
- Split Your Stay between Disney Resorts, Shades of Green, or Others
- WDW Room View Categories, Do They Really Matter?
Get a Quote Now
You have probably seen elsewhere on the site that I recommend Ears of Experience as my preferred Authorized Disney Vacation Planners.
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!