News for 2021:
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
The Wilderness Lodge is a joint property. It is both a Disney World Resort and a Disney Vacation Club property.
Note: This Disney World Resort has not yet reopened after its 2020 closure! But the co-located DVC section of the resort has.
There are two buildings and a collection of cabins along the lakefront. The original main building, the Wilderness Lodge has been divided into regular guest rooms and DVC wings, the DVC wing being called Cooper Creek Villas. The newer building, originally the only DVC rooms in the resort is called Boulder Ridge Villas. Then there is a collection of new cabins along the lakeside which are DVC properties called the Cascade Cabins.
All major common areas (front desk/bellhop services, dining, and merchandise) are in the original main building.
The look and feel of the Wilderness Lodge was inspired by national-park lodges of the early 20th century. There is lots of stonework and exposed timber. The lobby soars eight stories and has huge totem poles and a stone fireplace, which represent the various levels of the Grand Canyon strata as it rises through the lobby.
- Standard View: $424 – $826 – With 2 Queen Beds. Views of Service Areas, Rooftop or Parking Areas.
- Standard View $430 – $831 – With King Bed: Bed configuration: 1 King Bed. Views of Service Areas, Rooftop or Parking Areas.
- Nature View: $478 – $842 – With 2 Queen Beds. Views of Landscape, Trees, or Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- Nature View – King Bed: $484 – $847 – With 1 King Bed. Views of Landscape, Trees, or Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- Courtyard View: $528 – $854 – With 2 Queen Beds. Views of Courtyard, Pool, Waterfall or Bay Lake.
- Courtyard View – King Bed: $533 – $860 – With 1 King Bed. Views of Courtyard, Pool, Waterfall or Bay Lake.
- Nature Fireworks View: $673 – $1033 – With 2 Queen Beds. Views of Landscape or Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Partial View of Magic Kingdom Fireworks.
- Nature Fireworks View – King Bed: $678 – $1038 – With 1 King Bed. Views of Landscape or Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Partial View of Magic Kingdom Fireworks.
- Standard Room – Club Level: $696 – $1154 – With 1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed or 2 Queen Beds. Views of Woodlands, Courtyard, Pool, Waterfall or Bay Lake.
- Standard Room – King Bed – Club Level: $702 – $1160 – With 1 King Bed. Views of Woodlands, Courtyard, Pool, Waterfall or Bay Lake.
- Deluxe Room – Club Level Access: $886 – $1573 – With 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa. Views of Bay Lake, Woodlands or Interior Courtyard.
Listed nightly prices are for 2021 and include sales tax and are rounded to the nearest dollar. They do not factor in any military discount as these are based on availability. Prices listed subject to change by Disney.
Disney Deluxe Resort
|Military Discounts of up to 40% off are available at Disney Deluxe Resorts. Military Members are eligible to receive this discount using the Disney Armed Forces Salute|
Storybook Dining at Artist Point – D$$$ – Table Service – This fine dining restaurant features a Snow White themed Character Dining experience every evening. A few of the offerings are, beef stew, pork shank, and roast chicken.
Whispering Canyon Café – B$ LD$$ – Table Service – This rowdy location is just off the lobby and offers both family style and individual meals. Grilled western buffalo meatloaf, citrus-glazed rainbow trout, oak-roasted pork loin chop, and grilled New York strip steak are some of the dinner offerings. Note Servers are known to engage in over the top guest interactions when “set off” by such things as: asking for ketchup, informing them of a birthday in the party, dropping your silverware, or asking where the bathroom is.
Roaring Fork – BLD$ – Quick Service – You will find typical breakfast items available and the lunch/dinner menu offers items such as: Soups, salads, pasta of the day, sandwiches, burgers, chicken nuggets, and pizza.
Geyser Point Bar & Grill – BLD$ – Quick Service – This poolside eatery offers Scrambled eggs, pancakes, and wraps among other things. For lunch and dinner enjoy burgers, sandwiches, and salads with specialty cocktails, beer, wine, and sangria.
The Territory Lounge is the Lobby Bar
Trout Pass is the Pool Bar
Two Pools – Copper Creek Springs Pool and Hidden Springs Pool
Copper Creek Springs Pool – Follow the bubbling Silver Creek to discover a dazzling heated pool surrounded by pine trees and boulders. Zip down the exciting 67-foot waterslide built into the rocks and relax in the hot and cold whirlpool spas.
Boulder Ridge Cove Pool – Retreat to this leisure pool which, along with a whirlpool spa, is nestled amongst the Villas.
Kiddy Splash Area – Children can even enjoy a bubbling, squirting play area adjacent to the Copper Creek Springs Pool.
Bus transportation is available to all Disney World guest areas
Playground – Children 5 to 12 years of age can climb and slide to their hearts’ content on the beach playground.
Bike and Surrey Bike Rentals – Enjoy meandering woodland trails on a bicycle from Teton Boat & Bike Rentals.
Movies Under the Stars – Watch favorite Disney films on the moonlit shores of Bay Lake.
Wilderness Lodge Campfire Activities – Gather ‘round as the sun goes down for old-fashioned family fun as you roast marshmallows by a crackling fire.
Arcade – Buttons and Bells Arcade. Aim for the high score at this exciting arcade, offering games both classic and contemporary.
Jogging Trail – 2.5 miles through lush meadows and pine and cypress groves. Or explore the 0.75-mile shaded fitness trail and bike path that connects the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.
Guest Laundry – A 24-hour self-service laundry room is available just beyond Roaring Fork. For dry cleaning and valet laundry service, please select “Housekeeping” on your Guest Room phone.
Spa & Fitness – Soothe your mind at Sturdy Branches Health Club—a full-service facility and sauna with massage and facial services.
Motorized Boat Rentals – Cruise around Seven Seas Lagoon aboard a motorized boat from Teton Boat & Bike Rentals.
Sailboat Rentals – Zip around Bay Lake on a 12-foot sailboat, available from the Marina, Teton Boat & Bike Rentals.
Fishing – Reel in the fun with a guided excursion—perfect for seasoned sportsmen and amateur wranglers alike!
A Magic Kingdom Area Resort
Bus transportation is available to all Disney World guest areas. Boat Transportation is also available to the Contemporary Resort, Fort Wilderness, and the Magic Kingdom.
|This Disney Resort Hotel is a Military Disney Tips Approved Resort!|
The Wilderness and Animal Kingdom Lodges are the most economical of the Deluxe Resorts. This is due to their remoteness and total reliance on Disney bus transportation to all points on property versus the options other Deluxe Resorts have (Monorail, boat, walking).
We just love the expansive lobby! It is so beautiful at Christmas time.
The new Geyser Point is the perfect spot to relax with a drink and light snack.Related Posts:
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Disney Resorts Tested by MDT
- How do Disney Deluxe Resorts Compare to Shades of Green?
- How do Disney Resorts compare to Shades of Green in price?
- Split Your Stay between Disney Resorts, Shades of Green, or Others
- WDW Room View Categories, Do They Really Matter?
Get a Quote Now
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!