Nestled on 750 acres of pine and cypress forest, Walt Disney World’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground evokes the timeless beauty of the American frontier.
Teeming with such wildlife as deer, ducks, armadillos and rabbits, the Resort welcomes you to delight in scenic woodland trails, a white-sand beach, exciting pool areas, rootin’ tootin’ entertainment and hearty country eats.
Excellent for large parties, Wilderness Cabins feature such amenities as a living room, full bathroom, private patio, charcoal grill and fully equipped kitchen.
The Cabins are spacious enough to comfortably sleep 6 adults, and Housekeeping even does your dishes! Pick up groceries and supplies from the Trading Posts, and rent a golf cart or bike to zip around the Resort with ease.
Each of the Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins is furnished with the following:
- One double bed
- One pull-down Murphy bed
- One bunk bed
- Dresser with 4 small-size drawers
- One small couch
- Table with 3 chairs and a long bench
- Nightstand digital alarm clock
- Full-length mirror (on bath door)
- WiFi wireless Internet access
- Flat-panel TV
- Full-sized fridge
- Coffee Maker
- Ironing board and iron
- Hair dryer
- Digital thermostat
- In-room safe
- Tiny bottle of H2O-brand shampoo, and bar soap
- A limited collection of pots, pans, plates, glasses and silverware.
Rooms sleep up to 4 people, with 2020 non-discounted room prices starting at $400 including tax.
Cabins: $429 – $816
Listed nightly prices are for 2022 and include sales tax and are rounded to the nearest dollar. They do not factor in any military discount as these are based on availability. Prices listed subject to change by Disney.
Disney Moderate Resort
|Military Discounts of up to 35% off are available at Disney Moderate Resorts. Military Members are eligible to receive this discount using the Disney Armed Forces Salute|
Two Pools – Meadow Swimmin’ Pool and Wilderness Swimmin’ Pool
Main Pool with Hot Tub – Barrels of water-filled fun, Meadow Swimmin’ Pool features a corkscrew waterslide, whirlpool spa and Kiddy pool.
Quiet Pool – You can also take a dip at Wilderness Swimmin’ Pool, the all-ages quiet pool with a whirlpool spa.
Kiddy Pool/Kiddy Water Play Area – Young cowpokes can even cool off in the fort-themed water play area with tot-friendly slides or splash it up in the kiddy pool.
Chip ‘N’ Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long – Join nutty friends Chip ‘n’ Dale for some old-fashioned family fun as you roast marshmallows around a crackling fire.
Movies Under the Stars – Cozy up for complimentary screenings of popular Disney films at the outdoor theater of Meadow Recreation Area.
Water Sports – Motorized boat, canoe, and kayak rentals, waterskiing, and fishing.
Bike Rentals – Ride through pine forests and meadows teeming with wildlife. Rentals are available from the Bike Barn.
Two Arcades – Daniel Boone’s Wilderness Arcade delight in games both classic and contemporary at this arcade near the Meadow Swimmin’ Pool.
Davy Crockett’s Wilderness Arcade – Head on down to Pioneer Hall for a variety of video and pinball games.
Playgrounds – Kids can climb, slide and swing to their hearts content at playgrounds located throughout Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, including ones at Clementine’s Beach and the Meadow Recreation Area.
Jogging Trail – 2.5 miles through lush meadows and pine and cypress groves. Or explore the 0.75-mile shaded fitness trail and bike path that connects the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.
Guest Laundry – Self-service laundry rooms are available at Comfort Stations throughout Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
Tri-Circle-D Ranch – Stroll through the stables to see Cinderella’s Ponies and the majestic horses of Main Street, U.S.A.. You can watch the blacksmith make horseshoes and affix them to horses’ hooves, and discover the Dragon Calliope—the horse-drawn musical instrument that Walt Disney purchased for the Mickey Mouse Club Circus Parade at Disneyland Park in the 1950s. Animal lovers of all ages will delight in the variety of breeds that live at Tri-Circle-D Ranch, including Appaloosas, Arabians, Belgians, Clydesdales, paint horses, Percherons and quarter horses, plus Shetland ponies
Horseback Trail Rides – Guests 9 years of age and up can ride through an idyllic woodland teeming with deer, ducks, armadillos and rabbits. Perfect for beginner and intermediate riders, trail rides are a relaxing way to explore the natural beauty of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
- Reservations are recommended, and closed-toe shoes are required. Riders must be over 48 inches tall and weigh under 250 pounds. Check-in is located at the entrance of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Wagon Rides – Take an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride on a scenic tour through Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Available on a first-come, first-served basis, wagon rides depart daily at 6:00 PM and 8:30 PM (weather permitting) from the front of Pioneer Hall.
- These 45-minute wagon rides cost $8 for Guests ages 10 and up, and $5 for Guests 3 to 9 years of age.
- Group wagon rides (for 30 to 35 Guests) cost $300 per hour and are available with 24-hour notice by calling (407) 824-2832.
- Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides – Take in a beautiful scenic landscape on a timeless journey. Select from 2 routes: Ride through the lush pine and cypress trees of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, or travel along the charming pathways of Port Orleans — Riverside and the banks of the Sassagoula River.
- Carriages fit up to 4 adults (or 2 adults and 3 small children). Rides through Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground depart from the main entrance of Crockett’s Tavern. For Disney’s Port Orleans — Riverside rides, please check in at Riverside Levee Marina.
- Each horse-drawn carriage rides cost $45 and trots along for 25 minutes. Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-PLAY, or (407) 939-7529. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent of guardian permission to call.
Trail’s End – BLD $$ – Table Service – Lunch includes chili, pan-seared catfish, spicy grilled shrimp and andouille sausage as well as s’mores and warm sticky-bun sundaes. For dinner fried chicken, ribs, pasta, fish, carved meats, pizza, and fruit cobbler. There is also a takeaway counter at Trail’s End.
P & J’s Southern Takeout – BLD $$ – Quick Service – Breakfast sandwiches, burritos, and waffles. Lunch and dinner include chicken and rib meals, burgers, and sandwiches.
Crockett’s Tavern – S $$ – Quick Service – Pizza, wings, and loaded nachos. Draft and bottled beer and wine.
Meadow Snack and Pool Bar – BLD $ – Quick Service – Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, and Pizza.
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review – D $$$$ – Table Service – the Hoop Dee Doo is a nightly Dinner Show with a set price and menu. The all you care to eat menu features Garden Salad, Fried Chicken, BBQ Pork Ribs, Mac ‘n Cheese, and PBJs. Sides include Corn Bread, Mashed Potatoes, and Cowboy Beans. Strawberry Shortcake is for dessert.
While you eat, enjoy the “Wild West Show” full of corny jokes interspersed with song and dance.
Mickey’s Backyard Barbeque Dinner Show – D $$$$ – This family favorite is in limbo. The last performance was December 31, 2018. This is due to the very close proximity to construction of the new DVC Reflections Lakeside Lodge. It has not been announced if the popular show will reopen or if its location will be swallowed up by construction.
Come “Home” to Fresh Groceries!
Guests of Fort Wilderness can now pre-order a pantry full of fresh groceries—ready to enjoy the moment they arrive! The Cabins at Fort Wilderness have “pioneered” modern convenience in a rustic setting, including our order-ahead service that allows Guests to “stock up on provisions” days and even months before they arrive!
Choose from a pre-selected list of popular grocery items, like fresh produce, pasta, deli meats, coffee, frozen foods, desserts, snacks and more. Then, submit your order. Your groceries will be packed and available for pickup at the Meadow Trading Post.
How to Order Groceries
- Print out Disney’s pre-selected menu of grocery items
- Mark the items you would like to order (your “grocery list”)
Once you’ve made your selections, please send us your grocery order, along with your cabin reservation details. There are 3 easy ways to submit this information:
- Email:[email protected]
- Fax: (407) 824-1221
- Postal Mail: Fort Wilderness Cabins, ATTN: Meadow Trading Post, 4510 North Fort Wilderness Trail, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000
An Magic Kingdom Area Resort
Bus transportation is available to all Disney World guest areas. Boat Transportation is also available to the Contemporary Resort, Wilderness Lodge, and the Magic Kingdom.
Overnight Parking is $20.00 per night at the Fort Wilderness Cabins.
|This Disney Resort Hotel has not yet been Military Disney Tips Tested!|
Fort Wilderness is primarily a camp ground, with camp sites for RVs and campers (with and without hookups) and some sites for tents. Some people come annually for extended periods. The cabins are just a small section of the resort..
There are lots of activities taking place at Fort Wilderness every day.
Get a Quote Now
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!