Most Military Families who are looking into a Disney vacation are aware of the great Disney Armed Forces Salute room discounts.
But figuring out what actual actual cost would be can take a little work!
Walt Disney World Resorts have many factors which greatly change an individual room’s rates:
- Many different price periods during the year
- Days of the week Priced differently during the different yearly price periods:
- Friday and Saturday – Always the Highest
- Thursday and Sunday – Sometimes an Intermediate Price
- Monday – Wednesday – Always the Cheapest
- Sunday and Thursday are sometimes included in the cheapest days of that week (Sun-Thurs)
- Each resort has from 2 to 10 different room types, which are all priced differently
Here is a good way to estimate your cost.
I use MouseSavers.com, they maintain up to date price lists for all Disney resorts.
2. On the page you’ll see links for the various Walt Disney World Resorts, just click on the one you want to price.
3. Then find where your desired room type and dates intersect. This is the regular rate for that room on those dates without any discounts.
Time for a little math…
4. Apply the Disney Armed Forces Salute Military Discount.
- Total the cost of your desired nights at the regular rate (MouseSavers rates already include all taxes (they vary across property))
- Multiply that total by: 0.7 for Values, 0.65 for Moderates, and 0.6 for Deluxe resorts (This applies the 30-40% discounts based on category)
- This gives you the total for the room with the maximum military discount applied!
Note, these calculations are for the maximum discount that you may receive, in 2018 Disney started giving graduated discounts for the Disney Armed Forces Salute.
You could also do the same calculations with rates pulled from Disney’s website. Doing this will allow you to compare to any general public discounts that may be offered for your dates.
You can now use this rate to compare to other hotels such as Shades of Green the military owned and operated resort on Walt Disney World Property (Shades’ rates are tax free by the way), the Disney Swan and Dolphin (Independent Westin Resorts on WDW property), or others.
I hope this helps with your Disney vacation planning!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!