News for 2021:
- Orange County Florida Ending All Covid Measures!
- Disneyland Opening Nationwide and the Disney Armed Forces Salute
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Most Military Families who are looking into a Disney vacation are aware of the great Disney Armed Forces Salute room discounts.
But actually figuring out what their actual cost would be can be a little confusing!
Disney World Resorts have many factors which greatly change an individual room’s rates:
- Many different price periods during the year
- Days of the week Priced differently during yearly price periods
- From cheapest to highest
- Either: Sunday – Thursday or Monday – Wednesday – Cheapest
- Thursday and Sunday – Sometimes an Intermediate Price
- Friday and Saturday – Always Highest
- Each resort has from 2 to 10 different room types
Here is a good way to figure your cost.
I use MouseSavers.com, they maintain up to date price lists for all Disney resorts.
1. Click the following links to go to the MouseSavers.com resorts pages Mousesavers.com WDW Room Rates: 2020
2. On the page you’ll see links for the various Disney Resorts, just click on the one you want to price.
3. Then find where your desired room type and dates intersect. This is the regular rate for that room without any discounts.
Time for a little math…
4. Apply the Disney Armed Forces Salute Military Discount.
- Total the cost of your desired nights at the regular rate (MouseSavers rates include tax)
- Multiply that total by: 0.7 for Values, 0.65 for Moderates, and 0.6 for Deluxe resorts (This applies the 30-40% discounts based on category)
- This gives you the total for the room with the maximum military discount applied!
Note, these calculations are for the maximum discount you may receive, in 2018 Disney started giving graduated discounts for the Disney Armed Forces Salute.
You could also do the same calculations with rates pulled from Disney’s website. Doing this will allow you to compare to any general public discounts that may be offered for your dates.
You can now use this rate to compare to other hotels such as Shades of Green the military owned and operated resort on Walt Disney World Property (Shades’ rates are tax free by the way), the Disney Swan and Dolphin (Independent Westin Resorts on WDW property), or others.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!