The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts are not owned by the Walt Disney Company.
They are owned by Tishman Hotel Corporation and MetLife and are operated by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide under the Westin and Sheraton brands.
Reservations may be made either through Disney’s reservation system, your Travel Agent, or through Starwood/Westin/Sheraton. Points may be used for stays here (via the chain websites or phone numbers).
The Swan and Dolphin are part of the Epcot Deluxe Resort Area and sit on the far side of Crescent Lake from Epcot’s International Gateway. This makes them the furthest resorts from Epcot and the closest to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
As they are not “Disney” Resorts, you will not find much if any Disney theming within these resorts. You could transplant them anywhere else in the world without making any changes.
Both the Swan and Dolphin have large Convention Centers attached. Many Swan and Dolphin guests are staying at the resorts for a convention.
- Disney’s Magical Express: No
- Disney Transportation from the resort: Yes
- Free theme park parking: Yes
- Participation in Extra Magic Hours: Yes
- Charging Disney purchases to your room: No (only within the Swan and Dolphin complex)
- Disney Merchandise delivery to your resort: Yes
- Guaranteed theme park entry: Yes
- Disney Dining Plan: No
- Advance Dining Reservations for entire trip: No
The Swan and Dolphin have a plethora of restaurants, many of very high quality. They run the full spectrum from Grab-and-Go to Fine Dining.
They do offer character meals at the Garden Grove in the Swan: Garden Grove Cafe Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday! – Features Goofy and Pluto. Garden Grove Dinner has the following character entertainment: Goofy and Pluto every night; Chip and Dale added on Fridays only.
|This Disney Resort Hotel is a Military Disney Tips Tested Resort!|
You can see our 2 reviews here:
Main Pool with Hot Tub
Two Quiet Pools
Kiddy Water Play Area
Fitness Center and Spa
Camp Dolphin – Child Care
An Epcot Area Resort.
Disney Bus transportation to all Disney World guest areas. Boat Transportation to Disney’s Yacht Club, Beach Club, and BoardWalk Resorts, Epcot’s International Gateway, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney Skyliner transportation to Hollywood Studios from Epcot’s International Gateway. You can also walk to Epcot’s International Gateway (0.6 mi) and Hollywood Studios (0.9 mi) from the Swan and Dolphin.
There is a $23 per day plus tax self-parking fee to park your car in the Swan and Dolphin’s lot. Valet parking is $33 per day.
The rates at the Swan and Dolphin do vary depending on the time of year, but not as greatly as the Disney World Resorts do.
Points can be both used and earned here.
Check swananddolphin.com for rates or call (407) 934-4400 or 888-828-8850
There is a mandatory $28 plus tax per day Resort Service Package.
For this fee you will receive:
- Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
- Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
- 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
- In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
- Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
- Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
- $25 off spa services of $100 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa
- Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
- Complimentary S’mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at the evening Campfire & S’mores event
Unfortunately the Swan and Dolphin no longer offer the TROOPS military discount package which started in 2009 and ran through 2016, which included 50% off Food & Beverage and several other amenities.
The Swan and Dolphin do still offer discounts for the military under their government rate code GO1.
Call (888) 828-8850 and ask for the military rate code.
Rooms feature; WiFi/High Speed Internet, mini-fridge, safe, separate vanity in some rooms, hair dryer, iron, and ironing board. All rooms are non-smoking, and some are disability accessible.
Guest rooms are 360 square feet will sleep 2 to 5 and feature either:
- King bed with a single or double sleeper sofa
- Two Queen beds (Swan)
- Two Queen beds and a day bed (Dolphin)
- Two full beds (Swan)
- Two full beds and a day bed (Dolphin)
Rollout Beds and cribs are available.
Swan and Dolphin Suites vary greatly, offering single to multi-room suites with minor upgrades like a wet bar, lounge chairs, and table with chairs to numerous rooms and baths with walk-in closets.Related Posts:
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Disney Resorts Tested by MDT
- How do Disney Deluxe Resorts Compare to Shades of Green?
- How do Disney Resorts compare to Shades of Green in price?
- Split Your Stay between Disney Resorts, Shades of Green, or Others
- WDW Room View Categories, Do They Really Matter?
Get a Quote Now
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!