The Military Disney Tips HQ is an East Coast Duty Station, so I’ve been logistically challenged in getting to Anaheim, CA for a recon mission.
I’ve felt bad that I haven’t had as much to share about DL as I do WDW and I’m hoping to get out there this spring. Until I do though, Military Disney Tips has a new Disneyland Correspondent!
Let me please introduce Janina, a former military member and current proud Air Force spouse. She is excited to be able to bring you updates from the west coast!
Hello Military Disney Tips readers! My name is Janina and I am so excited to provide tips for The Happiest Place on Earth; Disneyland!
While Chief (Steve) has been able to provide a wealth of info for WDW and Shades of Green for our men and women in uniform and their families, I’ll be doing my best to do the same for here in California!
You already know that the Disney Military Salute offers up to 40% off the Disney resorts on the property [Disneyland Hotel (35%), Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel (40%), and Disney’s Paradise Pier (30%)]. As much as it would be amazing to stay on the Disney property, it can get expensive!
What’s the first place you can usually cut down on costs for your vacation? The hotel! Unfortunately, California doesn’t have anything like Shades of Green and the AFVC doesn’t have anything for the Anaheim area (the closest you can get is Buena Park, but then you’d have to pay for parking at the Disney theme parks.
So what other options are available to you? If you’re coming to visit Disneyland, there are 8 hotels that have military vouchers. If you’re familiar with purchasing vouchers for museums, theme parks, and sports events, hotel vouchers work the same way.
Want to know one of the great things about visiting Disneyland? The hotels are within walking distance! That’s right, you could walk right up to the main gate of Disneyland or California Adventure! If you don’t want to walk, Anaheim has a great shuttle system you could take advantage of as well!
Disneyland Hotels With Military Vouchers
Here are the 8 Anaheim hotels by distance to the Disneyland Resort!
1 -2. Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites and Tropicana Inn and Suites: Both of these hotels are a whopping 0.43-mile distance from Disneyland! These hotels offer the same rate; $103 per night during low season and $116 per night during high season. Taxes are not included and will be collected by the hotel at check out. To book one of these hotels, simply call (714) 635-7275 (for the Camelot) or (714) 635-4082 (for the Tropicana) and mention that you’ll be using a Military Voucher. They’ll let you know which rate you’ll be getting once you give them your desired dates of travel. After you’ve booked your stay, stop by your nearest ITT/MWR office to purchase the voucher for your stay.
3 & 4. Best Western PLUS Stovall’s Inn and Best Western PLUS Pavilions: This is probably the most popular voucher sold (here at Travis AFB). Both of these Best Western hotels are 0.5 miles away from the Disneyland property, with the closest entrance being through the Grand Californian! The military voucher for both are a flat rate of $99, and it doesn’t matter if it’s low or high season. The Stovall’s Inn has a $10 daily parking fee and complimentary breakfast. Mention MTP Rate when booking; Call (714) 778-1880 (toll free (800) 854-8175 Ext. #3) to book the Stovall’s Inn or (714) 776-5801 (toll free toll free (800) 854-8175 Ext. #5) to book with the Pavilions. Once you have your confirmation number, bring that with you when you purchase your voucher.
5. Holiday Inn & Suites Hotel Anaheim: If you like the Holiday Inn chain, this one is for you! Only 0.53 miles away from Disneyland, this hotel features a pool, spa, fitness center, and a restaurant! The military voucher will get you a rate of $92 per night during the low season and $104 during the high season. Call toll free (800) 504-3473 and mention military voucher for the discounted rate.
6. Castle Inn & Suites: At only 0.58 miles away, this hotel offers the lowest rate for the military voucher during both low and high seasons. If your travel dates fall during the low season, you could get the $79 per night rate and during high season, it’s $94 per night! When you make your reservations, mention “Naval” or military rate. Their reservation line is (714) 774-8111
7. Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort: If you’re familiar with the Sheraton hotels, then it won’t be a surprise that they have the “highest” prices for the military vouchers. When you book with them, the voucher does include parking on the property. This higher end hotel is 0.79 miles away from the entrance of the Disneyland entrance. For low season you can expect a rate of $119 per night and $169 during the high season. There are a couple blackout dates in October and this offer is good until January 5, 2014. You can reserve this hotel by calling (714) 740-4181 and don’t forget to mention the military voucher.
8. Cortona Inn and Suites: The last hotel that offers a military voucher is the farthest away from the Disneyland property at staggering 0.93 miles! Can you believe that all 9 properties with vouchers are within a one-mile radius? The Cortona Inn and Suites offers a low season rate at $88 per night and $95 during high season. You can call their toll free number (800) 416-6819 and mention military voucher to take advantage of this offer. Be careful about trying to book your dates of travel; I called last week to confirm their military discounts and there are certain dates where they will not honor it during the high peak, like during the month of July.
Those are the 8 Disneyland Resort Good Neighbor hotels that offer discounts to our men and women in uniform! Just remember that once you make your reservation, you’ll need to bring your confirmation number with you to the ITT or MWR office in order to purchase the designated voucher. I hope I gave you other options to help save money for your Disneyland trip!
How do I Get My Voucher?
Don’t live near an ITT/MWR office that has these hotel vouchers on hand?
Don’t fret! Beale Air Force Base here in the Golden State of California will sell them to you and mail them to you!
Once you’ve made your hotel reservations, call (530) 634-4882 and let them know you’re interested in purchasing a hotel voucher and need it mailed. They will let you know you’ll need to send them approval to charge your credit card for the cost of the vouchers plus a $12 shipping & handling fee.
I recommend using this option, especially if you don’t live on the west coast because the nearest MWR office to the Anaheim area is about an hour away at Camp Pendleton.
Many West Coast MWR/ITT Offices carry these vouchers, call yours to check.
Look out for my next post where I’ll be addressing transportation! What is available to you if you’re flying into the Los Angeles or Long Beach airports and shuttles you can take advantage of when you don’t want to walk back to the hotel after a long day of walking around the parks!
Cheers and hope you have a magical day!
Addresses and websites for the Hotels mentioned:
Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites – 1520 S Harbor Blvd
Tropicana Inn and Suites – 1540 S Harbor Blvd
Best Western PLUS Stovall’s Inn – 1110 W Katella Ave
Best Western PLUS Pavilions – 1176 W Katella Ave
Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim – 1240 S Walnut Ave
Castle Inn & Suites – 1734 S Harbor Blvd
Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort – 1855 S Harbor Blvd
Cortona Inn and Suites – 2029 S Harbor Blvd
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!