Many US Military Bases have a Ticket and Travel Office where you can purchase both Walt Disney World and Disneyland tickets.
Base Ticket Office prices for the Regular Military Discount Tickets are usually very comparable to those at the Shades of Green Ticket Office.
Here’s a post on why prices vary.
There can be both advantages and disadvantages with buying your tickets on base prior to your departure.
The advantages are:
- In order to make Theme Park Reservations you’ll need your tickets in hand well prior to your arrival date.
- By buying your tickets ahead of time, you can spread out the cost of your vacation by paying for tickets ahead. Or if using Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets you can buy your tickets prior to an anticipated ticket price increase.
The disadvantages are:
- Many Base Ticket Offices carry only a limited selection of tickets i.e. type or number of days. But they can most likely order what you need (it may take a week or two to do so).
- Plan on stopping by the ticket office at least 2 to 3 weeks before you’d like to have the tickets in hand in case they need to order them!
- If you don’t have enough time for them to order your tickets, you’ll have to buy them once you arrive at Disney. Disney Armed Forces Salute can be purchased there from Disney or Shades of Green. Regular Military Discounted Magic Disney tickets can only be purchased from Shades of Green. Walt Disney World will add sales tax.
Welcome to Military Disney Tips!
We have lot’s more information on Disney Discounts for the Military Community (Some you might not know about!). Please go to our home page to see the different info we offer, or check out the menu links at the top of the page!
Military Discounted Ticket Prices
Base Ticket Offices have prices that are very similar to the Shades of Green Ticket Office (usually within a dollar or two). Here are links to our Shades of Green Ticket Office Price Pages:
- Shades of Green Ticket Office
- Use Your Military Star Card at Shades of Green
- Buy Long Distance Tickets from Shades of Green
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets
- Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way Tickets
- Disney World Military Florida Resident Tickets and Annual Passes
- Disney World Military Annual Passes
- What's the difference between the Water Parks and Sports Option & Park Hopper Plus Option
- Walt Disney World Military Non-Theme Park Tickets
- Universal Orlando Resort Military Tickets and Passes
- SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Military Discount Tickets
- Military Discounted Tickets for Other Orlando Area Attractions
Here’s Information on Disneyland Prices:
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!