Walt Disney World is offering military discounts on WDW Memory Maker.
Disney’s Memory Maker
PhotoPass and Memory Maker are Disney’s two programs with witch you can have Disney’s professional photographers document your Disney World Vacation.
For 2023 Walt Disney World is offering their Memory Maker Service for a huge discount!
NOTE: Disneyland is not offering this discount for 2023.
Note to non-retired veterans; you do not qualify for the Disney Armed Forces Salute, however there are Disney Veteran Discounts that you do qualify for.
Almost everywhere you go in the Disney theme parks, you’ll see Disney PhotoPass Photographers. They are stationed at all of the best, most scenic locations at which you can have your picture taken, for example in front of Cinderella Castle or with France and the Eifel Tower in the background at Epcot’s World Showcase.
They are also at some of the character meals (Chef Mickey’s, Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, Tusker House breakfast, ‘Ohana breakfast, 1900 Park Fare, and Spirit of Aloha dinner show), and at Character Meet and Greets.
Many thrill rides also have automatic cameras to capture your reactions to the most thrilling part of the ride in photo or video form.
Taking the photos is a free service, you can decide later if you want to purchase the photos. Just have your Magic Band or park ticket scanned to identify who you are and get your picture taken.
You can then review your photos online using your My Disney Experience account or the PhotoPass/Memory Maker sites.
As mentioned many Disney theme park rides snap photos of you at exciting moments, such as plunging down a hill. Those wearing magic bands don’t need to do a thing, your pics will end up in your PhotoPass account. Those without Magic Bands can scan their ticket to claim the pictures as theirs.
If you take part in any of the Run Disney events the race photos are included with the Memory Maker also. Instructions to link your race number to your Memory Maker account can be found on the back of your race bib.
How purchasing pictures works
Disney has two different sales systems for purchasing these pictures, PhotoPass and Memory Maker.
The two systems work exactly the same when you are on vacation, the difference is that Memory Maker is a prepaid package, while PhotoPass is an a la carte, pay by the picture after the fact system.
At Disney World, Memory Maker, normally costs $169 for the package if you order at least 3 days before your vacation (or $169 within 3 days). For this price you’ll receive unlimited digital downloads of all the pictures that you had taken on your vacation for up to 45 days afterwards, a CD backup can be purchased for an extra fee. (general public prices)
Pay As You Go
With PhotoPass you can download any of the pictures that you select, which were taken of you on your vacation. You’ll pay $14.95 each photo though.
Using PhotoPass/Memory Maker in the parks
It is so easy!
When you see a Disney Photographer, just hand him your ticket or hav them scan your Magic Band. That’s it! Soon after they take the picture it will be available online in your My Disney Experience account. Photos at character meet and greets or breakfasts work the same way.
For rides that have a photo or video, you will see a kiosk at the exit where you can preview the image. Those without Magic Bands will have to hold their ticket up to the scanner to claim their image. Magic Band wearers don’t need to do anything, the ride knows what ride vehicle you were in and will put the image into your account.
2023 Military Memory Maker Discount Prices
Note: No more than two (2) Memory Maker products may be purchased in each offer year at the special price by an Eligible Service Member or their spouse (but not both).
Walt Disney World
- You can purchase the Memory Maker product for the discounted price of $98.00
- The discounted Memory Maker can be purchased in the parks at select retail locations. The One-day Memory Maker can only be purchased at the vacation planning booths at the Ticket and Transportation Center or at Guest Relations by Eligible Service Members or their spouses.
Many people have asked if there is a 3 day wait to use the Memory Maker at this military price as there is when buying the regular discounted general public pre-purchase deal (Normally the WDW Memory Maker is $169 if purchased 3 days or more prior to your vacation and $169 if purchased within 3 days (plus tax).
This military discount has nothing to do with that!
Your purchase starts working right away, just as if you purchased at the full price general public rate (within 3 days).
Eligible Service Members are:
- Active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the U.S. Space Force, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- Spouses of Military Service Members and PHS and NOAA Commissioned Corps members also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. Military IDs in the absence of active or retired Military Personnel or Commissioned Corps members.
Valid military identification required for purchase.
See all Disney terms and conditions below
Where to Purchase Memory Maker with a Military Discount
As a reminder, you can not purchase the Military Discounted Memory Maker online or ahead of time. You must purchase in person once you arrive at Walt Disney World.
This great discount can be purchased at any Walt Disney World Guest Relations location!
Here is a list
- All four Guest Relations locations
- The Transportation and Ticket Center Ticket Guest Relations windows
- Magic Kingdom Guest Relations locations: Outside the main entrance (to the right), Town Hall (after entering the park to the left), and to the right of the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square
- Epcot Guest Relations locations: Main Entrance Guest Relations (to the right) or International Gateway Guest Relations windows (to the left), Guest Relations in the park (to the left of Spaceship Earth)
- Hollywood Studios Guest Relations locations: Outside the main entrance and Ticket Central at Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards) Note Ticket Central currently closed
- Animal Kingdom Guest Relations locations: Guest Relations outside the main entrance and just inside the park to the left
- Both Water Parks
- Typhoon Lagoon
- Blizzard Beach
- Disney Springs Shopping and Entertainment Area
- Guest Relations
- Disney Spring’s Ticket Center
Not staying at a Disney World Resort?
Still want to use a Magic Band for your Memory Maker or Photopass pictures?
You can buy Magic Bands for $12.95 plus tax upon arrival at WDW at most Disney gift shops or online from the Disney Store.
You can then link your Magic Bands to your My Disney Experience account and use them for your theme park ticket as well.
Disney Legalese (Terms and Conditions)
- The specially priced Memory Maker product can only be purchased at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses.
- “Eligible Service Members” are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the U.S. Space Force, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Valid military identification required for purchase. Spouses of Military Service Members and PHS and NOAA Commissioned Corps members also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. Military IDs in the absence of active or retired Military Personnel or Commissioned Corps members.
- No more than two (2) Memory Maker products may be purchased by an Eligible Service Member or their spouse (but not both). [In each year’s offer]
- Memory Maker includes photos taken during the Memory Maker Window as defined in the Memory Maker Terms and Conditions (generally, photos taken within 30 days from the date of first activation for standard Memory Maker and linked to the Guest’s Disney PhotoPass account).
- A MagicBand is required to receive certain attraction photos and other digital content.
- Photos and other digital content will expire pursuant to the expiration policy.
- Valid theme park admission and park reservation required for certain photo locations.
- Memory Maker is subject to the Memory Maker Terms and Conditions.
- Memory Maker may not be sold or otherwise transferred.
- Downloads are restricted to personal use only.
- May not be combined with other discounts or offers.
- Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!