- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
- News On Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Sales
- Shades of Green Won't Reopen Until 12 August
- 2020 Disney World Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Extension Update
- Disney Extending Expiration Dates on Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets!
- Walt Disney World Re-Opening Military FAQ
Non-Retired Veterans are eligible to stay at Shades of Green Resort on Disney Property
Are you one of the many who served your country in the US Military but did not retire?
With their “Salute to Our Veterans” Program, Shades of Green accepts reservations from non-retired US military veterans for stays in January and September.
Shades of Green the military resort located right on Walt Disney World property began this offer for non-retired Vets in September 2010.
The Eligibility Requirements for this program are:
- Those who served in the military for less than 20 years and received an honorable discharge are eligible to stay at Shades of Green during the months of January and September only. A DD-214 is required at check-in as proof of your honorable discharge.
You may obtain a copy of your DD-214 by clicking here if you don’t have one.
This program applies to all who served and received an Honorable Discharge. Disability percentages or other qualifications are not required.
NOTE: Shades of Green is open year-round to current and retired military as well as those qualified under the 2018 John McCain Defense Authorization Act.
The John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 authorizes disabled vets (non 100% perm) and their caregivers to use Morale, Welfare and Recreation facilities, which Shades of Green is, starting in January 2020. However Shades current statement on this is: “At this time, we have not received the official notice of beginning this or the full details.”
Shades of Green Basic Information
The Shades of Green Resort is an Armed Forces Recreation Center Resort located right on Walt Disney World property near Orlando Florida.
Here you will find very affordable military room rates for your Disney vacation as well as Disney World and local area military discount tickets.
The Shades of Green Resort is a wonderfully spacious hotel. Remodeled and expanded in 2004 it has 586 of the largest standard resort rooms on Walt Disney World property, plus eleven family suites.
See our full Shades of Green Page for much more detail about this wonderful resort.
Room Rates: Room Rates are based upon verification of DD-214 at the time of check-in. Guest showing their DD-214 with an Honorable Discharge will pay the Category #3 rate.
Room Rates are based on two adults occupying a standard room and four adults occupying suites. For single occupancy, subtract $2 from the listed rate. Add $15 per additional adult 18 years or older.
Amenities: All rooms include refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and in-room safe. Due to fire codes, any additional cooking appliances (such as microwaves) are not allowed in guest-rooms.
Pets: Pets are not permitted.
Smoking: Shades of Green is a smoke-free resort.
Make your Reservation by calling Shades of Green at (888) 593-2242 or reserve online
Shades of Green Amenities Under this Program
Those using this program to stay at Shades of Green are eligible for all the benefits offered by Walt Disney World and Shades of Green such as:
- 60-DAy FastPass Plus reservation Window
- Participation in Extra Magic Hours
- Use of Shades of Green’s Restaurants
- Use of Shades of Green’s Mini-Exchange Store
- Use of Shades of Green’s Military Ticket Office
- And more!
When staying at Shades of Green you may use the Shades of Green ticket sales office, for most Disney and other Orlando area military discounted tickets.
Note: The special Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets require a current valid military ID so may not be used by non-retired veterans. You may however use the Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets.
Detailed Shades of Green Information
Please check out the links below, the content they link to will give you a great overview of what Shades of Green has to offer.
One of the great benefits is the Shades of Green ticket sales office where they sell Military Discounted Tickets for all local area attractions (including Disney). When staying there using this program you may buy any ticket they sell at the military discount rate, except the Disney Armed Forces Salute tickes which require a current ID for use.
Our Other Info for Non-Retired Veterans
- Disney Military Discounts for Veterans Who Did Not Retire from the Military
- Disney Veteran Discount and Disney Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- Disney Discounts and the John McCain Defense Authorization Act
- Shades of Green Stays for Non-Retired Veterans
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
See all the current Shades of Green Discounts and Packages
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages.Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Links to Everything Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!